Chang Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we have just hired a director of marketing or did that come to too late to pull suntan off the job?

I think most of us know that but it still looks to me like the laziest deal we could have done and I think we all know the reason for that one.

I don't, care to enlighten me? I don't understand why it's a lazy deal? Is it because it's with Chang again? As has been mentioned so many times above, the amount we are getting is pretty much what would be expected for a club like ours at this current time. Thankfully no dodgy deals with unScrupulous people and unlike some other clubs mentioned it is increasing year on year.

" a deal that could be worth in excess of £16 million"

So no certainty that the 16 million ever comes through. Hmmm well, as much as the cynic in me says overwise, I hope we took a good hard look at any alternatives.

We won't get more sponsorship money for 2 main reasons.

First...we aren't fashionable, we don't have world wide support from glory hunters and armchair fans, like Liverpool, who command huge sponsorship just from there name and history.

Second...we don't finish in the top 4. If we did for a couple of seasons the value we could demand would rise considerably.

So point one isn't going to happen....top 4 finishes are our only hope.

1. We have more history.
2. This season is the first in the top 4 for a few years.

I'd like to think so but I doubt it. I haven't bought the kids one for a while cos without the sponsor on there it just looks like a cheap knock off like you used to get from the market.

I'm kinda the opposite, kits such as 09/10 away, 10/11 home/third, 11/12 home/away and 12/13 away/third would've looked boss without the shirt sponsor, would've definitely got it if available in adult sizes

1. We have more history.
2. This season is the first in the top 4 for a few years.

1.Unfortunately sponsors will only pay for publicity they gain today, history has absolutely nothing to do with it.
2.Regardless of not finishing in the top 4 for 4 years they've managed to win a trophy and get to a final, and get new owners with plenty of money to invest in them. In short their more successful than us.

New away kit? :p

everton-5jpeg-6854029.jpg

Haha can you imagine the trouble that would cause?lol

1.Unfortunately sponsors will only pay for publicity they gain today, history has absolutely nothing to do with it.
2.Regardless of not finishing in the top 4 for 4 years they've managed to win a trophy and get to a final, and get new owners with plenty of money to invest in them. In short their more successful than us.

Was replying to a post that said Liverpool get more because of their history and finishing top 4.

Ok so people saying how poor the deal is

Why do people think we should be getting more? We have not been in Europe for a while, Have not one anything in 20 years and do not have a massive fan base

Well, that depends on what you mean by fans. If you're referring to young foreign girls that scream at your players at airports the club is passing through, or people who have never watched their team in the flesh but might spend £40 every season on a shirt or other merchandise then you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.