Chang Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not what I said is it really.

Newcastle are getting £5m a year from a deal signed in 2012 I believe ? We're agreeing a deal from 2014 onwards which might be worth that much.

If you think that's okay then fair enough. Clap clap clap.

Everton are like a car insurance renewer who pay the renewal quote without even benchmarking the quote.

Newcastle got £10m a year with Virgin.

Nuff said.

...but now they get 5/6 million from Wonga. Sunderland,people keep saying on here 'got £20 million from whoever-it-was'... they got nothing like £20 million and now they get £5 million from some African company. Meanwhile, Everton get a steady increase. Doesn't that tell you something?

Are also London-based, and owned by a Billionaire, whose own company sponsors their shirts, also as a way around the Financial Fair Play rules. Man City also do something similar.

Oh those shiny lights of london have got us all hypnotized. If we send up a mirror into space maybe we can reflect the london lights onto suntan,s office therby increasing the pottential marketing value of the club.

I reckon Bob lets his insurance products autorenew and at the moment he's paying £800 per year to cover his utra tan 10000 sun shower that he bought for £500 in 2008.

Everton are like a car insurance renewer who pay the renewal quote without even benchmarking the quote.

How do you know we didn't shop around first? You don't.

The fact that the top 6 are way out in front of everyone else, and that £5m/£6m seems like the ceiling for everyone else in terms of sponsorship deal money per year is clearly very telling.

Sunderland - that Global Brand.....wait for it....... £20m a year.

Yeah Bob, a nice tan top up, free timeshare in phuket and Chang sounds the right deal....
Wrong, as stated above.The deal was cancelled because Sunderland got nothing like £20 million out of it, and now they get £5 million from an African company....less than Everton.

Oh those shiny lights of london have got us all hypnotized. If we send up a mirror into space maybe we can reflect the london lights onto suntan,s office therby increasing the pottential marketing value of the club.

It's not just football is it? London is a magnet for investment in all lines of business. Liverpool generally is not, certainly not as much as London is. It's not an excuse, it is fact. It's an unpalatable truth I know.

The real problem at Everton is with the owner and whatever price he is demanding for the club. All this sponsorship stuff is underlying stuff. The bigger picture, the real stuff that would actually affect us as a club, is the ownership issue and the stadium issue. Lets not lose sight of that.

How do you know we didn't shop around first? You don't.

The fact that the top 6 are way out in front of everyone else, and that £5m/£6m seems like the ceiling for everyone else in terms of sponsorship deal money per year is clearly very telling.

Well, we have just hired a director of marketing or did that come to too late to pull suntan off the job?

It's not just football is it? London is a magnet for investment in all lines of business. Liverpool generally is not, certainly not as much as London is. It's not an excuse, it is fact. It's an unpalatable truth I know.

The real problem at Everton is with the owner and whatever price he is demanding for the club. All this sponsorship stuff is underlying stuff. The bigger picture, the real stuff that would actually affect us as a club, is the ownership issue and the stadium issue. Lets not lose sight of that.

I think most of us know that but it still looks to me like the laziest deal we could have done and I think we all know the reason for that one.

I reckon Bob lets his insurance products autorenew and at the moment he's paying £800 per year to cover his utra tan 10000 sun shower that he bought for £500 in 2008.

Yes I'm sure his ineptitude has kept him in the job this long....

Well, we have just hired a director of marketing or did that come to too late to pull suntan off the job?

I think most of us know that but it still looks to me like the laziest deal we could have done and I think we all know the reason for that one.

Yep, we all know why it looks like that to YOU.

The thing with other clubs is that they are leaving us behind in terms of how they sell themselves to sponsors. The trend is for diversification: global and regional selling of the right to identify with a football club which brings in separate revenue streams; which is also the case with getting different sponsors for, say, tours as opposed to regular competition; and for training tops as opposed to match kit.

Everton with the Kitbag and Chang deal pretty much offer a job lot for the whole kit and caboodle for a bit of cash upfront. We have a shambolic and neanderthal commercial department.

This is basically the second of the two bullets Elstone promised to fire on 'major sponsorship deals' in the new year he made before Christmas: sum total of the increase to revenue from both 'major developments' = another £1.3M per year.

Pitiful, absolutely pitiful.

The whole of Everton's commercial team needs gutting from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.