Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I think we have about 80% chance of playing in Europe, 35% chance of qualifying for the Champions League and 2% chance of being Champions. 6 points from our next 9 and win our game in hand against Villa and Champions League chances become 45%.

I have City United and Chelsea as most likely to finish above us - Leicester’s injury crisis will definitely hurt their results, and West Ham will eventually drop off I think. We just need to make sure we keep picking up results

Chelsea and the RS play each other, after we play wba. Either win then they are back above us. Chelsea isn’t really a free swing. Can’t afford to get beat really

If we win they draw we are above both with a game in hand. Its not quite a free swing but the pressure is on Chelsea against us if they lose or draw which may help us.

Looking at the table, where do you draw the line that says “these teams are out of the running for top4”?

Probably at Arsenal, but any team could do a City and just hoover up the points, unlikely of course, but it COULD happen.
Leeds are 10 points off West Ham and Arsenal 8
We beat West Brom and you could say Leeds are definitely out and Arsenal very unlikely but there still 12 games left.
Don’t think Arsenal have an chance, they still have Europe as well

Probably at Arsenal, but any team could do a City and just hoover up the points, unlikely of course, but it COULD happen.

I agree that Arsenal are the lowest placed team that could get in but they are only 8 points off and there is a lot of football to play. I actually think they have a better chance than Villa who are above them. However I think their best chance of Champions League qualification is winning the Europa. The the same goes for Spurs. We play both of these teams in the run in hopefully there are Europa games either side.

I agree that Arsenal are the lowest placed team that could get in but they are only 8 points off and there is a lot of football to play. I actually think they have a better chance than Villa who are above them. However I think their best chance of Champions League qualification is winning the Europa. The the same goes for Spurs. We play both of these teams in the run in hopefully there are Europa games either side.
Need them all out of Europe as well but can see both Spurs and Arsenal making the final

Need them all out of Europe as well but can see both Spurs and Arsenal making the final

Thats not a problem to us as long as Chelsea or Liverpool don't win the Champions League or we finish 3rd. The 2nd leg of the Quarter Finals is before the Spurs game but that could be getting rearranged if we beat City in FA Cup. The first leg of the Semi Finals is after the Arsenal game so we need Spurs QF minimum and Arsenal SF minimum.

Thats not a problem to us as long as Chelsea or Liverpool don't win the Champions League or we finish 3rd. The 2nd leg of the Quarter Finals is before the Spurs game but that could be getting rearranged if we beat City in FA Cup. The first leg of the Semi Finals is after the Arsenal game so we need Spurs QF minimum and Arsenal SF minimum.
If Spurs or Arsenal win the Europa they take 4th spot I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.