Centre Midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
They play through our midfield getting past Gomes many times mate. I’m sure they are aware pushing the ball a few yards past Gomes and they can outrun him pretty easily.

The majority of their play was hoofing it the Brazilian cart horse and feeding off him. Yes McGinn and Grealish got it down a couple of times but from the word go you could see what they wanted to do

They long ball’d it all game. Get it to Wesley and play off him, Gana would not have made an ounce of difference

We didn’t take the game to them, we were slow and pedestrian in possession. They were awful
Oh my goodness me.

People just dont understand football.

Gueye was next to useless on the ball but world class without it. To see Gomez ambling about `enabling' Villa to open us up for both goals??? If Gueye was playing he would almost certainly have sensed the danger and been in a position to stop the attacks that Gomez enabled.

Gueye is way better as a defensive midfielder than Gomez will ever be an attacking/passing one.That is why we are unlikely to progress this season unless Gbamin is very close in class to Gueye which is hugely unlikely at the moment.

*write

Well unless your meaning of " very second rate " translates as not crap then yes, you did.

Mate, give up, you turn yourself in knots and just cannot compete
Second rate = crap.

I must remember that the next time I post a letter. "Excuse me Mr post office worker, can you send this letter crap class?".

Ha Ha Ha.

No.

adjective
If you describe something as second-rate, you mean that it is of poor quality.
...second-rate restaurants.
...another second-rate politician.
Synonyms: inferior, mediocre, poor, cheap

Is English your first language Dave?

Second rate = crap.

I must remember that the next time I post a letter. "Excuse me Mr post office worker, can you send this letter crap class?".

Maaaate, you need to stop doing this to yourself

The literal meaning of second rate:

second-rate
/ˌsɛk(ə)ndˈreɪt/
adjective

1. of mediocre or inferior quality.
    "a second-rate theatre"
    synonyms:substandard, below standard, below par, bad, deficient, defective, faulty, imperfect, inferior, mediocre

Now get your pre-pubic arse to bed

Oh my goodness me.

People just dont understand football.

Gueye was next to useless on the ball but world class without it. To see Gomez ambling about `enabling' Villa to open us up for both goals??? If Gueye was playing he would almost certainly have sensed the danger and been in a position to stop the attacks that Gomez enabled.

Gueye is way better as a defensive midfielder than Gomez will ever be an attacking/passing one.That is why we are unlikely to progress this season unless Gbamin is very close in class to Gueye which is hugely unlikely at the moment.

The irony

adjective
If you describe something as second-rate, you mean that it is of poor quality.
...second-rate restaurants.
...another second-rate politician.
Synonyms: inferior, mediocre, poor, cheap

Is English your first language Dave?
Thanks...as said: not "crap" - contemporary definition of which is 'not worth anything'.

Thanks...as said: not "crap" - contemporary definition of which is 'not worth anything'.

Feel free to go and argue with the people who write the Collins dictionary Dave, im sure they would love to hear from you.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.