Centre Midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
....thughts lads?

Still happy / sanguine about centre midfield?

:coffee:

Dave, you can't plan your transfer business around the possibility we get two serious injuries right at the start of the season.

The only way to combat that would be signing even more than the 3 central midfielders we signed in which you'd almost certainly say "why is he buying so many central midfielders".

Dave, you can't plan your transfer business around the possibility we get two serious injuries right at the start of the season.

The only way to combat that would be signing even more than the 3 central midfielders we signed in which you'd almost certainly say "why is he buying so many central midfielders".
Delph was a known injury risk. Gbamin...it's clear to me this lad had no due dilligence on his fitness.

Brands did the same last season: bought players with injuries.

It's a trend. And that judgement has left us exposed.

Delph was a known injury risk. Gbamin...it's clear to me this lad had no due dilligence on his fitness.

Err how so? Last season he missed 2 games and then played AFCON. He might have been knackered but guess what - Silva sticks him on the pitch not Brands.

Last edited:

CM = a shambles.

Something pointed out a couple of weeks ago and dismissed by many.

I doubt it'll be dismissed as easily now.

I don't think Gbamin has any injury record?

He only wasn't fit when we signed him as he'd had a month off after AFCON.

The awful game management cost us last night. Brands has given him the tools, poor Jose is still trying to fit square pegs in round holes

He's hardly been handed Mane, Salah and Firmino... It is a good squad but it's not anywhere near the top 6. Results like last night whilst frustrating are going to happen with this set of players. If you think otherwise, you're overrating them a lot.

Silva got it badly wrong yesterday.

He put Schneiderlin and Gomes together and we tried to play how we would with Gueye in there.

Villa had three players with bags of energy and that half-a-yard of pace to get around them. As soon as they got a foothold they knew they could get at our midfield.

Silva then compounded the issue by taking off our only midfielder who can craft a chance, and not bringing on any energy in his place as we switched to a 4-4-2. So instead of a 4-4-2, we ended up playing a 4-2------4 with a massive gap in between the attack and midfield because neither Gomes or Schneiderlin were driving into the space.

Gomes had a dreadful game and Schneiderlin even worse. Awful. They can't be paired together unless it's against a team like Palace who have zero pace in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.