Centre Halves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Dijk and Keane will do. Not sure we can afford either but would be happy with one/both of these.

Should break the bank for both. The whole team cannot function because the back 4 are unable to play further up the pitch.

A total defensive rebuild of the finest players money can buy is what I want to see as soon as the window opens.

No more cutting corners or settling for 2nd best!

Most concerning part of the entire team.

Jagielka looks almost if not fully done at this level - certainly he doesn't have anyother season at this level in him
Mori - looked short at this level - and a season ending injury isn't gonna exactly improve him when he's back
Williams - utterly dreadful, everything he was billed as being - leader, organiser, composed and great positioning, he is the complete opposite of and looks like he was past it and maybe never as good as he was advertised at Swansea either
Holgate, Galloway, Pennington, all possibly got good futures ahead of them, but none look ready to be a starting cb (100% not ready in a back 4)

Genuinely need 3 starting top 4 calibre centre backs for next season

I think Holgate looks every inch the premier league centre halve.

I would start him and Williams together for the remainder of the year and buy two.

Should break the bank for both. The whole team cannot function because the back 4 are unable to play further up the pitch.

A total defensive rebuild of the finest players money can buy is what I want to see as soon as the window opens.

No more cutting corners or settling for 2nd best!
I agree just not sure we will splash the cash even though we need to.

Its plain to see that Williams, jags and pennington vs mane,coutinho and firminho was going to have us very deep...total lack of pace against some whippets who ping the ball around to each other at their leisure.

Holgate looks good at right back or on the right of a three. The rest of them are not good enough other than Galloway who we need to see more of...

We need 2 super players signed from our usual list ranging from vvd and keane to gimenez and koulibaly.

I agree with the echo (a rarity) - Jags was decent. Covered Williams quite a few times.

Holgate, Baines, Williams, Pennington... Poor.

Van Dijk and Keane will do. Not sure we can afford either but would be happy with one/both of these.
We will find out how serious the club are at breaking into the top 4 this summer by the players we sign. Centre half is just one position we need to get the signings right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.