2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will you stand please, Mr Tosun - I sentence you to two years hard labour for having a daft tattoo or summat and making some silly gesture.

You will be delivered from here into the hands of a Mr Allardyce and may God have mercy on your soul.

Huge Dio fan apparently
article-0-099D30AB000005DC-16_468x372.jpg

Didn’t do anything in the game apart from the finish. Not enough for me.
This is it, he cannot play up front on his own has neither the pace or ability to control and hold it up the ball was coming back at us constantly today. Offers very little in behind because most EPL defenders would deal with him easily. He is fine if he gets a chance he can finish as we saw today, but that's it but we need more threat. We don't play with two up front. He is a decent European/bottom half of the Prem player at best we need better.

Nice finish for the goal, but not good enough at anything else. Can’t hold it up, can’t run away from anybody, doesn’t get involved enough. We were poor as a team for most of the game today. The lethargy of Tosun summed us up. Try running, instead of walking and jogging, that’ll give opponents more trouble than being slow or static.

Nice finish for the goal, but not good enough at anything else. Can’t hold it up, can’t run away from anybody, doesn’t get involved enough. We were poor as a team for most of the game today. The lethargy of Tosun summed us up. Try running, instead of walking and jogging, that’ll give opponents more trouble than being slow or static.

Hard day to be a forward though, Rotherham pressed the life put us.

I thought Tosun did really well today.

Didn’t do anything in the game apart from the finish. Not enough for me.

I mean tbf, that's what we were praising Dom for at the start of the season.

The issue with Tosun isn't that he doesn't try to do other things - he simply isn't quick enough to cover the ground as a loan striker.

What I will say is that against Rotherham at home, we shouldn't really be asking our forward to do much more than finish the chances which came his way.

Our attack was so one-paced today, especially when Gordon went off. Doucoure changed that with what we need to be seeing more of from midfield and that's a driving, off-the-ball run which creates space for James to pick that pass. Issue is, we have no midfielders other than Doucoure capable of doing it - which is a massive black mark against our recruitment once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.