2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
He just gives centre halves such an easy time. Must be a dream to play against. Good finish though.

He did exactly what we both said he does.

Would like him to do more, and I think he tries, he just doesn't have the attributes. Get him one-v-one like he was for his goal and he'll probably score. And his finish for the disallowed goal was good too.

Really, against a team like Rotherham playing a bit of a makeshift line-up, we shouldn't be needing our forward to run all over the pitch like a madman.

I mean tbf, that's what we were praising Dom for at the start of the season.

The issue with Tosun isn't that he doesn't try to do other things - he simply isn't quick enough to cover the ground as a loan striker.

What I will say is that against Rotherham at home, we shouldn't really be asking our forward to do much more than finish the chances which came his way.

Our attack was so one-paced today, especially when Gordon went off. Doucoure changed that with what we need to be seeing more of from midfield and that's a driving, off-the-ball run which creates space for James to pick that pass. Issue is, we have no midfielders other than Doucoure capable of doing it - which is a massive black mark against our recruitment once again.

Tosun wouldn’t have been quick enough to get to most of the one touch finishes DCL had early in the season. He’s not tall enough to score some of the headers DCL did.

Tosun is a decent penalty box striker if our team is the type that is dominating a game and peppering the penalty area. We hardly ever do that though.

Tosun wouldn’t have been quick enough to get to most of the one touch finishes DCL had early in the season. He’s not tall enough to score some of the headers DCL did.

Tosun is a decent penalty box striker if our team is the type that is dominating a game and peppering the penalty area. We hardly ever do that though.

We wouldn’t dominate a game or pepper the penalty area with him playing, as it’s essentially having 10 men.

Far too slow that chance at the end ........ dawdled that long instead of scoring miscontrolled the ball out for a goal kick.......

Still thought he did well, no point saying otherwise, we created nothing, he was game, looked alert and dangerous, I thought he competed well. His finish for his first, and disallowed second were excellent, especially the chalked off second, winning that ball and getting out in front, really good centre forward play.

Looking fitter then I’ve seen him since he’s been with us, lean.

Goes to show, we all see the game differently.

I fully agree mate. It wasn't a defence of Tosun as much as it was just saying our performance really wasn't good enough. Like I said, against Rotherham at home, we should be able to just rely on our striker to do striker things.

I don't rate Tosun. I don't like that we have to rely on him and certainly don't think it was sensible to let Kean go and not bring another forward in. But our issues today stemmed from a total lack of conviction or drive from midfield after we scored our opener.

Blowing out his arse after 15 minutes, movement of a cabbage, unwilling to press or compete in any area of the pitch, not even looking like threatening either running in behind or in the air. Scored a nice little dink after the keeper had made it easy for him by running off his line when he had defenders covering and that was his lot for 120 minutes. Would be quite happy to never see his face again.

Status
Not open for further replies.