2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it is fact. Tosun is on record as saying Allardyce had been in contact with him since his Palace days, google it.

Hanging Walsh for not blocking the move and going head to head with the new manager brought in to try and save our arse, OK mate whatever.

A massive reason why you have an DoF is continuity..

An overriding strategy/setup - players that fit that, rather than players who fit a manager.

If a player doesn't fit the club, DoF should absolutely intervene over an interim manager.

On 1st Jan in the window we signed Tosun, this was my view;

If Tosun comes in, we still need a top striker - he doesn't have the credentials for that fee and we're not that desperate - we'll finish 7th-9th this season with or without him.

I think the whole "given the context of our plight at that point" is overplayed. We were never going down when we signed Tosun, we were never achieving anything that season and we still needed a top striker with or without him.

A massive reason why you have an DoF is continuity..

An overriding strategy/setup - players that fit that, rather than players who fit a manager.

If a player doesn't fit the club, DoF should absolutely intervene over an interim manager.

On 1st Jan in the window we signed Tosun, this was my view;

I think the whole "given the context of our plight at that point" is overplayed. We were never going down when we signed Tosun, we were never achieving anything that season and we still needed a top striker with or without him.

Its not like Allardyce doesn't speak with a forked tongue, but here he reckons it was a unanimous decision by all involved...

I think the problem has been that the notion of continuity and a strategy has been muddled at best and absent at worst. Not just under Walsh either.

Edit: oh and if true, indicates our scouting system is / was well iffy.

I think I recall Sam saying Tosun was the best striker in Europe in the £20million price range. Which in itself is quite the statement lol
Allardyce said (if I remember correctly) "He's the best we could get for the money".

Meaning (I think), it's the best our scouts could do at the time. In any case I suspect Big Sam wasn't too impressed with him before he arrived, the above statement is not exactly a happy endorsement.

The scouts found him, Walsh signed him and Allardyce had to have him, that's my reading or the situation?

Allardyce said (if I remember correctly) "He's the best we could get for the money".

Meaning (I think), it's the best our scouts could do at the time. In any case I suspect Big Sam wasn't too impressed with him before he arrived, the above statement is not exactly a happy endorsement.

The scouts found him, Walsh signed him and Allardyce had to have him, that's my reading or the situation?
I miss Allardyce

Its not like Allardyce doesn't speak with a forked tongue, but here he reckons it was a unanimous decision by all involved...

I think the problem has been that the notion of continuity and a strategy has been muddled at best and absent at worst. Not just under Walsh either.

Edit: oh and if true, indicates our scouting system is / was well iffy.

They have revamped the scouting system completely... but it will take some time to see the proper benefits

I imagine we can get £15 million for Bolasie but that isn’t happening either.

Well from what I've seen we couldn't even sell Bolasie for 3m.

Everton striker Cenk Tosun has completed his loan move to Crystal Palace.
A source close to Tosun informed Turkish-Football that Tosun put pen to paper to a six-month temporary move following his medical.
The deal will include a €20m buyout clause option which will remain active until the end of the season.
Tosun still has another two years remaining on his Everton contract but fell out of favor following the appointment of Marco Silva.

To be honest, Walsh at the AGM at the Philarmonic Hall, just after Allardyce had joined the club, said. “ Both me and the manager have to agree that the player is right for the club, if either of us say no then the player will not be signed” Seems like if Allardyce wasn’t sure of Tosun he should have opened his mouth and said so. How either of them could give the nod to sign him is beyond belief, you only had to look at the complete lack of pace to begin with, we signed him too quickly and it will take an awful long time to shift him, the end of his contract looks a good bet.

Status
Not open for further replies.