2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waxing lyrical about Palace after only being there a few days. If Everton was so bad why constantly say you want to fight for a place you’re never going to get? Hopefully the inanimate striker wants to stay there forever.
He bigged us up as well.

I honestly have no problems with this - he's not exactly saying we're ultra crap, he's just bigging up his current employer.

Seems like a good hard working footballer, shame it hasn't worked out for him for us.

On Allardyce, Tosun added: “Big Sam is a top man."

“I really liked him. I loved to work for him. He is a very honest guy who always told you to your face and not behind your back and I like that; I respond to that. If I played poorly I don’t need an arm round the shoulder, I just want the truth.

“Sam wanted me when he was Palace manager but it didn’t happen due to a couple of small issues so I’m glad I managed to work with him at Everton; he is a great person.”

“I really liked him. I loved to work for him. He is a very honest guy who always told you to your face and not behind your back and I like that; I respond to that. If I played poorly I don’t need an arm round the shoulder, I just want the truth.

“Sam wanted me when he was Palace manager but it didn’t happen due to a couple of small issues so I’m glad I managed to work with him at Everton; he is a great person.”
Ironic that the “great man” wanted him but the great manager binned him off straight away.

Was he to play for Palace I would gladly cheer the guy as 1) he put the effort in when here and 2) I'm so relieved that he's not playing for us.

Everton must be some team if they can afford to loan this guy out.
Palace will be scared to leave their bus when they come here. We've got eleven Tosuns waiting for them.

I've personally spoken to cenk through a mutual friend and he told me he couldn't stand playing under big Sam!! Hated the style of football/training.

Don't believe everything you read.

Steve Parish:

“Roy [Hodgson] felt we needed more firepower, so we took Cenk [Tosun] and we have got an option to buy him," Palace chairman Parish said.

“Obviously if we had bought him for £20m or whatever, maybe that would have been a better PR story.

“But he is an excellent player, he is in the building and I think he will be a big help going into the next six months and I see no reason why we couldn’t make that a permanent deal in the summer, if things go well for both parties.”

Steve Parish:

“Roy [Hodgson] felt we needed more firepower, so we took Cenk [Tosun] and we have got an option to buy him," Palace chairman Parish said.

“Obviously if we had bought him for £20m or whatever, maybe that would have been a better PR story.

“But he is an excellent player, he is in the building and I think he will be a big help going into the next six months and I see no reason why we couldn’t make that a permanent deal in the summer, if things go well for both parties.”
Please please please

Status
Not open for further replies.