2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hes clearly stayed for the $$$ so the Qataris can match that easily.

If somehow we could get a £20mil fee (or as close as possible) then our summer window looks even more sensible.

Really hope we can seal this one.

That's already the case to all intents and purposes. Selling Tosun would make virtually no difference in that regard.
If the manager has no intention of playing him then he would be better off elsewhere.
I can't help but feel he has been given a bit of a raw deal.
It isn't exactly as if we have other strikers banging goals in every game.

I would have been fine with this deal had it happened when we could actually sign a replacement, but now I'm not so sure. 3 strikers is basically essential for any Premier league squad, and unless we are seriously ready to throw Niasse a lifeline (did we even give him a squad number?) then I'd rather we kept Cenk until at least January.

Having said all of that, he should be playing instead of Calvert-Lewin.
The hour of the Prince is upon us

If the manager has no intention of playing him then he would be better off elsewhere.
I can't help but feel he has been given a bit of a raw deal.
It isn't exactly as if we have other strikers banging goals in every game.
We haven't, but he's not exactly made a strong case for inclusion himself. He got 11 starts and 18 sub appearances in all competitions last year so he did get opportunities to make himself a key part of the team, but he never really looked like taking them. He only got 1 goal in those 11 starts and that was the last game of the season.

I've said the same thing ever since I first saw him play, I think he's a decent enough footballer who is 'not bad' at quite a lot of things, but not particularly good at any of them. He's not a bad player to be able to throw on if you're looking for a late goal, but his wages - and possibly his own professional pride - mean that keeping him for that purpose might be difficult.

We haven't, but he's not exactly made a strong case for inclusion himself. He got 11 starts and 18 sub appearances in all competitions last year so he did get opportunities to make himself a key part of the team, but he never really looked like taking them. He only got 1 goal in those 11 starts and that was the last game of the season.

I've said the same thing ever since I first saw him play, I think he's a decent enough footballer who is 'not bad' at quite a lot of things, but not particularly good at any of them. He's not a bad player to be able to throw on if you're looking for a late goal, but his wages - and possibly his own professional pride - mean that keeping him for that purpose might be difficult.
After some very average performances this season where certain players seem to get a lot of time on the pitch and seem to have lost their form completely I do feel sorry for players like Davies and Tosun who seem to be very much on the periphery, maybe even Holgate as well.

if i were him i would stay. liverpool is not the best place to live but its a nice small place and if you are making enough money it can be good to live which he does.

made my head fall off this, so Liverpool isn't a nice place to live but it's small and it can be nice?

he won't live in Liverpool, he'll live in chester or something

Status
Not open for further replies.