2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are knackered if one of them two gets injured then.

He’s got more about him than Calvert-Lewin at the moment.
I honestly don't think it would matter. I think DCL and Kean are the first choice strikers, and we would move Richarlison there if necessary. I just don't see Tosun getting into the side whether he stays or not.

Why would you want to leave when you're clearly better than Lewin. I don't personally think he's the level for the prem but I can understand him feeling aggrieved that he's relegated to behind DCL regardless of how many turd performances he puts in

Anyone who still backs DCL is absolutely in denial. He is utterly horrendous and it is a total injustice that he got the nod over Tosun for these past few weeks.

I'd like to see Cenk play up top with one of DCL/Kean alongside him. Bournemouth beat us playing a good old fashioned 4-4-2. Whats wrong with it!

I would have been fine with this deal had it happened when we could actually sign a replacement, but now I'm not so sure. 3 strikers is basically essential for any Premier league squad, and unless we are seriously ready to throw Niasse a lifeline (did we even give him a squad number?) then I'd rather we kept Cenk until at least January.

Having said all of that, he should be playing instead of Calvert-Lewin.

I wonder if he’d work in a 4-3-3 with Richarlison & Kean playing either side as the main counter threats. Iwobi & Gomes in the midfield 3 along with Digne & Coleman providing width tasked with carrying the ball up the field to the front 3.

I honestly don't think it would matter. I think DCL and Kean are the first choice strikers, and we would move Richarlison there if necessary. I just don't see Tosun getting into the side whether he stays or not.

I feel this is probably the best solution at the moment.

In another thread I suggested playing Richarlison in Siggys role also - would give him more opportunity facing goal to get a shot off. Siggy needs dropping, but puts a lot of pressure on Kean and DCL clearly isn't good enough. Must be some bizarre reason Bernard doesn't play on the right though! Surely wide right would suit him better as he can sit wider on his favoured foot to focus more on providing.

Status
Not open for further replies.