2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
After some very average performances this season where certain players seem to get a lot of time on the pitch and seem to have lost their form completely I do feel sorry for players like Davies and Tosun who seem to be very much on the periphery, maybe even Holgate as well.
It's a difficult one I think. I'm not a huge fan of DCL but I can see what he brings that Tosun doesn't, and therefore why he gets picked. Silva has said numerous times that - rightly or wrongly - he doesn't see Davies as a defensive midfielder, so in our current set up he's competing with Delph or Gomes, and I find it hard to argue that he should be picked ahead of either of those. Whether we'd be better off playing a different formation where he might fit in is another argument, but in terms of the current set up, I can't honestly say that I would be picking either of them. It would just be a case of throwing different people in on the off chance that it works I think. Obviously that's great if it turns out that it does, but i'd rather the manager was able to look at the problems we face and fix them in a rational way, rather than just making a couple of changes on the basis that they can't do any worse.

He may think twice with the Qatar deal now, Marco may get sacked anytime, with a new manager who favours 2 strikers, especially at home games, he can be very effective, if Silva stays he just can't suit

Status
Not open for further replies.