2019/20 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I recall Tosun missing some decent chances in his most recent games for us.

Hmmm, really?

Definitely at the start of last season, but the big chances I can think of in the back half he put away.... Millwall, Spurs. He didn't really play much other than that?

I'm not saying he's great, but he's a better finisher than DCL, for example. But he doesn't have the pace to get into the positions that we need with the system we play.

I'd rather keep Tosun over Niasse.

As eclectic and enthusiastic as Niasse is far too many moves break down when he ends up involved and his finishing is awful. Tosun is much more capable of putting the ball into the net or playing a meaningful part in a move.

Niasse had the same experience again at last season at Cardiff. Fans initially took aback by his surprising lack of technical ability, won over by his persistence and attitude and then finally exasperated by the fact that he is in no way a competent PL player.

I sometimes wonder if you just making things up just to suit your world view.

The facts of the matter is Niasse creates more chances for Everton than Tosun, according to stats. Also, Niasse takes away a lot of the pressure from the team by defending in the front. Not to mention winning balls in the opposition half resulting in opportunities for goals. Niasse isn't easy on the eye but he is effective.

Toxin is so sloooow. Also can't trap a bag of cement... sell asap!
77f0d6444cf33f84b5ed03c0eae93f22.gif

I sometimes wonder if you just making things up just to suit your world view.

I don't think the Tosun / Niasse debate plays a huge part in anybody's world view.

The facts of the matter is Niasse creates more chances for Everton than Tosun, according to stats. Also, Niasse takes away a lot of the pressure from the team by defending in the front. Not to mention winning balls in the opposition half resulting in opportunities for goals. Niasse isn't easy on the eye but he is effective.

I'm just going off what I've seen of them playing as I don't believe stats without context are the best way of judging a player. For instance compare Tosun & Niasse last season - Tosun comes out on top with 4 goals and 3 assists compared to Niasse's 0 goals and 1 assist.

According to stats. No context but stats eh?

Regardless, neither of them are good enough, I just happen to think Tosun edges it as a footballer and has *slightly* more to offer going forward than our locker deprived Senegalese Prince. Whether Niasse's playing style is easy on the eye or not is an irrelevance to me. I'm a huge fan of his effort and attitude but he clearly isn't anything like an effective enough player.

While I would rather keep the superior player in Tosun over Niasse, If we don't get rid of him ASAP he'll never bloody go.

I don't think the Tosun / Niasse debate plays a huge part in anybody's world view.

I'm just going off what I've seen of them playing as I don't believe stats without context are the best way of judging a player. For instance compare Tosun & Niasse last season - Tosun comes out on top with 4 goals and 3 assists compared to Niasse's 0 goals and 1 assist.

According to stats. No context but stats eh?

Regardless, neither of them are good enough, I just happen to think Tosun edges it as a footballer and has *slightly* more to offer going forward than our locker deprived Senegalese Prince. Whether Niasse's playing style is easy on the eye or not is an irrelevance to me. I'm a huge fan of his effort and attitude but he clearly isn't anything like an effective enough player.

Let me provide the context, eh?

First of all, Tosun scored 3 goals and 3 assists out of 25 premiership games last season. That's a woeful return and it is amazing how you have the balls to say Tosun is the superior player. It is fair to say Niasse wasn't given a fair crack last season.

Hmmm, really?

Definitely at the start of last season, but the big chances I can think of in the back half he put away.... Millwall, Spurs. He didn't really play much other than that?

I'm not saying he's great, but he's a better finisher than DCL, for example. But he doesn't have the pace to get into the positions that we need with the system we play.

....agree, his finishing was decent but that seemed to fall away.

First of all, Tosun scored 3 goals and 3 assists out of 25 premiership games last season. That's a woeful return and it is amazing how you have the balls to say Tosun is the superior player. It is fair to say Niasse wasn't given a fair crack last season.

Did niasse get 0 and 0 for goals and assists?

....I recall Tosun missing some decent chances in his most recent games for us.

Yeah I remember thinking, he could of had 8-10 goals last season, he was really unlucky. If Kean establishes himself at our main striker, I'd much prefer Tosun as backup compared to DCL or Niasse.

Niasse is an absolutely terrible footballer in every single way possible it is to be terrible

tosun is also a terrible player for our squad but he does have his uses ( just not for us )

ideally we would have sold them both, but it seems a bit weird you are trying to tell people niasse is a better player when he he's not

Status
Not open for further replies.