2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, get Ellis Simms on. The season is over and the experience will be good for him.

I know the gap between u18 and the premiership dwarfs the grand canyon but he can't be any worse. And the experience can only help.

The season is not over. We have a massive game next weekend.

Why would we chuck a kid who hasn't even featured regularly at U23s into the side?

Well meant the league really. And tbh I think Simms would be the better choice anyway.

He would get slated if he didn't perform right away. It would be a very bad move for his progression.

He's nowhere near good enough right now anyway so it would be extremely selfish management to try and deflect the blame away by throwing homegrown youngsters into the limelight.

He would get slated if he didn't perform right away. It would be a very bad move for his progression.

He's nowhere near good enough right now anyway so it would be extremely selfish management to try and deflect the blame away by throwing homegrown youngsters into the limelight.

I don't think it's deflect any blame at all.

Tosun and DCL aren't good enough, Simms might be.

He could train to become more athletic?

I don’t think a player can improve their pace and agility that much. I think you are just born with it. I have seen specific training sessions for improving speed but I have never seen a slow player become fast with training. Have you? I can’t recall any player was able to achieve this.

One reason I liked Cenk in the past is because while some players would post pictures from vacation spots, he would post private training sessions in off season. He has improved his finishing but he is as slow as ever. I think you accept him for what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.