Carsley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add in the quick thinking to belt that free-kick the Yak had won goalward! Only quick thinking by Hart saved them there!

Man oh man, I thought for a moment that the fireball Carsley sent towards Hart would certainly break his hand...Superb thinking by the "Destroyer" in the centre of the park. I think that even though we should think of getting a younger player to take over Carsley's role, I still think he's a great asset to come off the bench ... SO, GIVE THE MAN A NEW CONTRACT I WOULD SAY !

Makes total sense to offer Carsley an extension on his contract, and I can even see him being part of the squad for the 2009-2010 season. He's playing that well. But despite however well he is playing, we wouldn't get anything for him if we let him go.

Of course we need an understudy, and I still have high hopes that Fernandes will become the player for Everton that we hope he can be.

It was an excellent performance from Super Lee last night, he was everywhere and fully deserves an extension to his contract

Didn't see the match but can comment on his season so far. I would suggest that whilst not player of the season, he certainly ranks as one of the most effective players we have had. Fortunately we didn't lose him to Wigan in the pre-season. He certainly deserves a new short-term contract and we really need to bring someone through to replace him for the time when, sadly, he'll be just a little too old to keep his form up. Great player, great guy and a true adopted Evertonian.

i thought he had signed an extension! must have dreamt it. if that quick free kick had gone in styles could not have disallowed it quick enough.

Didn't see the match but can comment on his season so far. I would suggest that whilst not player of the season, he certainly ranks as one of the most effective players we have had. Fortunately we didn't lose him to Wigan in the pre-season. He certainly deserves a new short-term contract and we really need to bring someone through to replace him for the time when, sadly, he'll be just a little too old to keep his form up. Great player, great guy and a true adopted Evertonian.

Thats a fine post sir and spot on.

Watching Man U against Lyon last night, they were saying that Toulalan, Lyon holding midfielder is the touted replacement for Makelele in the French team. So I thought great, let's watch him carefully and see whether he might make my wishlist for Everton.

What I saw was some oustanding defensive cover, breaking up play in midfield, and when he got the ball, ususally passing it short to the nearest team-mate.

In other words, Cars, but not quite as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.