Carlo At Everton.

If you’re going to be bringing in the most accomplished club manager of our era, you don’t hire a DOF the year before, especially an inexperienced one.

Different models. Apples and kumquats.

Brands was doomed as soon as they brought in Carlo. Not fair to him tbh. Not fair to Carlo either, to saddle him with this guy who he does not need.

If we had given Brands and Silva a decent but modest budget and left them alone for five years, without weird inputs and buys from Moshiri and Kenwright, they would have been fine.

Obviously if we’d let Carlo be Carlo we would have been fine.

Mixing and matching, with Bill and Farhad dropping in and out of personnel decisions at random… that’s how we got this pile of crap that Dyche has been trying to wrangle.

If you’re going to be bringing in the most accomplished club manager of our era, you don’t hire a DOF the year before, especially an inexperienced one.

Different models. Apples and kumquats.

Brands was doomed as soon as they brought in Carlo. Not fair to him tbh. Not fair to Carlo either, to saddle him with this guy who he does not need.

If we had given Brands and Silva a decent but modest budget and left them alone for five years, without weird inputs and buys from Moshiri and Kenwright, they would have been fine.

Obviously if we’d let Carlo be Carlo we would have been fine.

Mixing and matching, with Bill and Farhad dropping in and out of personnel decisions at random… that’s how we got this pile of crap that Dyche has been trying to wrangle.
I don’t think that is so obvious based upon the part where he ran as soon as we didn’t have money to spend, something that was bound to happen if he was given total control of transfers. And it’s preposterous to think by having total control we’d have been a European contender given the starting point of the squad. I honestly think we’d have largely ended up in the same place. Signings like Allan show that he didn’t lose the power struggle completely.

Ancelotti would have been the perfect manager at the beginning of Moshiri's tenure. He could have come in, binned Kenwright and appointed Ancelotti. Ancelotti would have brought in big names that would have assuaged Moshiri's ego and moulded them into a team. Like everything else in Moshiri's reign the timing was all wrong.
Sadly we missed our chance really in 2016, at that time you had Guardiola coming in to a new league at City, an average RS side, Arsenal and Spurs weren't that great. Had we brought in a quality manager and DOF I honestly think that we'd be in the top 4 now. I didn't boo when Kenwright was getting his applause at GP, I didn't clap either. He sold us to someone who clearly had no idea how to run a club. The problem is you have had no idea who's making the signings since Moshiri came in. Our awful signings in 2017 cost us and wasting money afterwards. When you end up with our 4th choice right back at left back, after spending millions you know your in trouble.

Sadly we missed our chance really in 2016, at that time you had Guardiola coming in to a new league at City, an average RS side, Arsenal and Spurs weren't that great. Had we brought in a quality manager and DOF I honestly think that we'd be in the top 4 now. I didn't boo when Kenwright was getting his applause at GP, I didn't clap either. He sold us to someone who clearly had no idea how to run a club. The problem is you have had no idea who's making the signings since Moshiri came in. Our awful signings in 2017 cost us and wasting money afterwards. When you end up with our 4th choice right back at left back, after spending millions you know you’re in trouble.
I’m on the fence about kenwright but selling moshiri wasn’t particularly the worse idea at the time. Backing from uncle uz, billionaire inovolved with experience of running arsenal. There was hardly people with better cvs queuing at the door with better experience. End of the day hindshight is always 20:20 - read though the moshiri thread and people were still on his side until Benitez.
You can’t argue about moshiris ambition, but my god the delivery was atrocious

I’m on the fence about kenwright but selling moshiri wasn’t particularly the worse idea at the time. Backing from uncle uz, billionaire inovolved with experience of running arsenal. There was hardly people with better cvs queuing at the door with better experience. End of the day hindshight is always 20:20 - read though the moshiri thread and people were still on his side until Benitez.
You can’t argue about moshiris ambition, but my god the delivery was atrocious
Yeah hindsight is doing a lot of the heavy lifting here. Most people were very optimistic when Walsh and Koeman came in and then it all went to hell in a hand basket after that. On paper at the time they looked like forward thinking and sensible appointments though. Walsh had bought some crackers at Leicester and Koeman had done a great job at Southampton.

Carlo would have been a cracking appointment then but timing was an issue. By the time he joined us the gravy train had dried up and was careering off the tracks.

I think the biggest shame was the vast majority of his reign was BCD.

Look at the start of 20/21 with Hames purring just behind a revitalised DCL. Goodison would've fed off that big time.

Probably away form wouldn't have been so strong that season but no way would the home form remained as poor as it was in the second half of that season.

If you look at Ancelotti's record after leaving Madrid the first time he went to Munich and only lasted a year and had their squad complaining about how lax his training was. Then he did a decent if unspectacular job at Napoli.

So there was no real reason to think a Real Madrid calibre club would come calling again but they did and it sent the club back into a downward spiral with the decisions made immediately afterwards.