Carlo At Everton.

These were the good times Kenwright talked about. As a fan getting Ancelotti was a trophy win in itself, the excitement and hope for times better.

I can understand why people say we'll should have just hired Moyes instead, if we had though we'd still be awaiting a win at Anfield/Emirates where we'd turn up hoping for a nil-nil and effectively be beat before we even kicked off. So screw it, it was worth it, despite how badly it ended.

These were the good times Kenwright talked about. As a fan getting Ancelotti was a trophy win in itself, the excitement and hope for times better.

I can understand why people say we'll should have just hired Moyes instead, if we had though we'd still be awaiting a win at Anfield/Emirates where we'd turn up hoping for a nil-nil and effectively be beat before we even kicked off. So screw it, it was worth it, despite how badly it ended.
You could see he is a very good manager. You could also see he'd been sold a lie by moshiri. He was basically looking to escape the madhouse from the January before he left. The players knew it and we tanked.

You could see he is a very good manager. You could also see he'd been sold a lie by moshiri. He was basically looking to escape the madhouse from the January before he left. The players knew it and we tanked.

I'm not so sure, in January the figures might have looked decent as we were in the hunt for CL nevermind Europa. I think also rather than Moshiri's lies it was a gamble.

He was banking on getting Ancelotti, giving him what he wanted in the summer (James/Allan) and hoping that would lead to Europe, better commercial deals, the higher league placement (had we got 5th instead of 10th that's an extra £10 million alone) and all of a sudden we would have had a bigger budget of between 50 and 80 million and possibly could have kicked on again.

But we tank and covid killed the commercial deals and the transfer market, so extra money that might have been around just isn't and we're left in a worse place than anyone could have possibly foreseen. At that point it's easy to see why Ancelotti didn't want to stay around as the belt tightening we've had to do and yet that still wasn't enough to avoid a penalty, would have had his hands tied.

Kenwright ballsing things up as usual then butting in where he wasn't wanted and definitely not indeed.

Imagine having the brass neck to try and get yourself involved in issues that should be handled by the manager, particularly a manager that is arguably one of the best of all time in world footballing history.
I could t stop myself from laughing when i read how surprised they were that Kenwright was even there. Imagine the shock when he started butting in, acting like he knows better than Carlo bloody Ancelotti. Id love to be a fly on the wall, hearing what Davide and Carlo said after that meeting.