2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Managers always take the bigger jobs when offered. Dunno why people are so surprised to be honest. Wish him well and hope we manage to get the right replacement.
This attitude ensures we'll stay in our place, just meekly accept our fate and don't make a fuss

I was much more invested in Everton when Carlo joined as I was always a big fan. I even tuned into all his press conferences on YouTube.

I wouldn’t begrudge a younger manager going to Real Madrid, just disappointed that he left at the first opportunity and I wouldn’t be surprised if he found the club horribly run and below his standards. Sometimes from the outside before joining the club you don’t know these things and then once you join, you realised you’ve made a mistake. Also he’s never really left any other club aside from Milan when he just got tired from being there for 8 years. So I think this sends a big warning to anyone else that might be approached by Everton, if the project was so good Carlo wouldn’t have left after 18 months.
Perhaps you are right and there are bigger issues with how the Club is being run that pushed him away. But what bothers me the most was about Ancelotti was his stand on the Super League how he said it was a total joke only to join one of the teams that still is insisting on making it happen. Now he is part of the joke. It just seems so fake to me.

Not having a dig personally. He was like me dad, all eyebrows and deadpan expressions..
But he's a nice fella and I don't personally blame him for going to another ready made team, He is used to coming in with worldy players and just carrying on... Same as Pep. We are a very long project and frankly a bloody hard one. We have monies but a mentality of midtable, bit like when Moyes was here...
Ah no, that's right, back then we were punching above our weight by spending very little. And yet Moyes is the acid to our alkaline.
I'm not sure where we should go but I guarantee it shouldn't be Conte, or any manager we have to pay over the odds for.
Get a manager who actually sees this job as a progressive step for themselves. Let's not kid ourselves here.... We ain't a Chelsea or City, Our side is dead average.. We are a midtable side with midtable players. We need a manager who wants to get the best out of them, who knows how to get the best out of them.
Dunno who that is but please don't go Conte, Mourinho.. Or that ilk.
Damnammit I feel queezy.

Status
Not open for further replies.