2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the reason I'm happy that carlo is in charge. I'll give him another season no problem. Because we are currently a "meh" mid table team who's great history matters to the whole number of zero to the modern player. But Carlo can attract quality.
I’m sorry mate, the cool kids want Carlo out so I can’t take you seriously.

I’m delusional for wanting him to stay apparently.

Crap to watch and devoid of ideas. Surely we have players that could deliver more. We have gone backwards this season.

Backwards?

Have we gone backwards? Because it seems to me like we have more points, scored more, conceded less.

But yeah, let’s focus on the negatives.

Every single fan has the right to be annoyed at our home form, it’s been abysmal.

But our squad is slow slow, even a seniors league would out run them. We’ve made positive steps in the transfer side, and without Ancelotti you don’t sign Allan or James who have been two of our best players this season.

Get rid and get Biesla in, look where he's got Leeds, good possibility they will finish ahead of us, they have a much worse squad than us but yet the manager gets so much more out of them.
Biesla has had 3 or 4 season to build his squad, to make it his own? Sign the players he wants to fit his style and needs. To sell players he doesn’t want. He’d want the same time here too. Time in which Carlo hasn’t even been given yet

You saw what he did when he was the manager. He doesn't now. Why do you think that is??
Could be Carlo wanting full control. But dunc needs experience, this club right now is one of the hardest jobs in league that has more competitive teams than ever. I agree with you when dunc was in charge we had fight and desire, but few games to 38 is a big difference. We also eed quality on top of desire and work rate. Would he attract players?. City, rs they work hard as anyone but have the quality to back it. Now I know we are so far off them but that’s the level we need to aim for.This is just my opinion and if dunc did get the job he could be a success, I would be made up to be proved wrong as only benefits our club.

Would like him to roll the dice in the last two. We arent getting europe. We arent beating city. Might as well see what the future holds and give a youngster or two some minutes. See if anyone has the ability to step up. I cant believe there aren't atleast one kid that couldnt have added some energy and urgency today.

I agree but we should expect more than what we are getting. This home form is beyond a joke now. We would need to lower our expectations for Scottish football levels to accept this form.

I think that's fair; it is difficult to accept the home form, I'm sure I read that it's actually the worst in a single season for us since before the war or something like that. Nevertheless, I'm more getting at where we would expect Everton to be - the sad reality is that we haven't come close to winning a pot in 25 years and we've only ever been good in that time when we had a philosophy that ran through the club from top to bottom (Moyes). Everton will get nowhere fast without a clear plan, and an identity; Ancelotti is obviously better than what we could have, but fingers need to be pointed at the board. Expecting us to be challenging for Europe when our only European venture in the past decade has been getting bounced out of Kyiv, scraping wins against Slovakian glue farmers, and fighting Lyon players is madness.

Feel a bit sad and beaten with Everton tonight - Thought we were on a upward curve with our first world class manager (perhaps ever) but it's starting to feel like another false dawn

Starting to think that some of the training issues which reared their heads at previous Ancelotti clubs have started to happen here also

Some people on Twitter saying lescott said at the end he’s heard he won’t be here next season, but they aren’t sure if that was Carlo or James he was taking about
I was commenting on here when lescott said that and I didn't catch it clearly either. I presumed he was talking about carlo, though I could be wrong.

He’s making the best out of an awful bunch of players. Play a 17 year is easily said, but if no 17 years are ready/up to it. It’s a massive jump. You’d expect a few more senior players to actually do better than a 17 year from the academy. If they don’t, that’s on the player not Carlo. I believe next season if we spend money in the transfer window. Can Carlo really be judged.
Their 17 year old was playing at Chorley earlier in the season....

Biesla has had 3 or 4 season to build his squad, to make it his own? Sign the players he wants to fit his style and needs. To sell players he doesn’t want. He’d want the same time here too. Time in which Carlo hasn’t even been given yet

He’s been at Leeds one year longer than Ancelotti has been here.

How do you think Davies and 4 at the back would have made a difference?
We were getting overrun in midfield by the worst team in the league. I’m obviously not a manager, but perhaps an extra midfielder might’ve helped a bit. Our best performances at the beginning of the season contained a midfield of Allan, Doucoure and Gomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.