2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right, but then they beat Manchester City away with 10 men? So they’re neither the best team in the league, or League 1 standard. They’re patchy, because the players are not that good. But they are all performing well above their stations, which is down to good management.

Yes I agree they are patchy. But that's what I said mate. I said they are great some weeks but not others.

I'd also say, the City win, was the biggest smash and grabs I've ever seen. It was like 40 shots on goal to 3. I'm not sure it was a masterclass from Bielsa in terms of style, but it was a great result.

We were better under Dunc. Everyone moans about the players not caring/trying. Wasn't the case with him.
I agree but I don’t see dunc on the side line shouting, demanding more from the players he is our assistant manager. I see him sitting down or putting the substitute board up. Don’t make a difference manager or not.

I hate to say it, but Carlo has contributed to this mess by buying players with no pace.

Of course, Brands has to own it, but my faith in Ancelotti is rocked given his chasing of players who, though very good technically, have no pace and are hardly on the pitch.

This is not the job for Carlo at this late stage of his career. I'm sensing a huge piss take here.

I cant argue with that.

But Bielsas alleged high intensity approach, with slow players wont work.

I don’t get the shouts of having 1 less defender and putting an extra CM in there. Sheffield United, packed out the midfield made it hard for the likes of James to play. We needed width but sadly we don’t have that in this current squad. So allowing 3 at the back opens the width with digne and Coleman, sadly Coleman can’t do it, and teams know our obvious route is down the left. Getting a decent RB in the summer improves our chances to mix it up. Weather a back 4 or 3-5-2. A winger would be next on the list. Again, opens up the ability to change formation. We had a good window in the summer. Signed players in positions we desperately needed. All who have improved this squad. Ofcourse other areas needed to be added to but it wasn’t going to happen in one go. We strengthened in the areas needed most, and in this summers window, we can add in the areas we couldn’t.

Always easy to point to the managers when results go wrong. Players get so much leeway it's incredible, what we saw today should not be tolerated. No problems in going 0-1 down in any game of football but players kept squaring it, waiting for someone to take responsibility, to do something. Players let the club down big time today, bunch of total cowards.

Yeah I seen them tonight, Gutless.

On the whole usually not... but then the manager did sign them himself so that doesn’t surprise me... it’s the other bums he’s left with that are an embarrassment to this club, I despise them.
Exactly (apparently).

Digne, Richy, DCL, Pickford?
For what 1-2 games, there’s no way it would have been kept up beyond that
Maybe not, but I reckon Dunc would have had no issues motivating them longer term. Thru fear if nothing else!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.