2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naples. Of course, the players were in shape, but when you play football at the very highest level, it is the margins that count. I do not agree that we should support a coach regardless of performance, just because the coach has a good track record. But I agree that it is too early to start talking about getting rid of Ancelotti.

But I'm also not nervous that if Ancelotti does not succeed, no one else will succeed. There are quite a few good coaches out there, and who have not had the chance to coach any relatively large clubs yet. There are coaches who do not yet know that they will become coaches, and some of them will win lots of trophies and be innovative. Just like there were good coaches before Ancelotti started working as a coach.
I don't think anyone will stand for another season of it. Big summer for me but manager isn't the problem in my eyes, he's just the one who takes the fall for the same players that have chased a few out of the door by not turning up 75% of the time.

Of course we will continue without Carlo, hyperbole to think otherwise but the point people are making is, if a manager such as Ancelotti is struggling then what hope does another Marco Silva have.

Come on Carlo stop being so passive you're an Italiano where is the fire in your loins?

Get this squad running up and down Crosby Sand Dunes like Moist did and have them fit and ready for the battle next season.

Im sick of unmotivated unfit lazy players at this club. Do something Carlo.

Come on Carlo stop being so passive you're an Italiano where is the fire in your loins?

Get this squad running up and down Crosby Sand Dunes like Moist did and have them fit and ready for the battle next season.

Im sick of unmotivated unfit lazy players at this club. Do something Carlo.
I don’t know if it’s a lack of motivation. I think some of the players simply aren’t good enough and can’t handle the pressure of competing for a European place.

Attitude and Spirit.

Interesting that.

Some of these lot have wrapped in knowing they are getting binned right off in the summer.
I’m sure we can use that excuse if needed. Bit far fetched for me though.
At least 6 of the team which started Saturday will be in the starting XI next season.

Then you’d hope the likes of Holgate would be still trying to prove himself, Coleman can never be faulted for attitude.

So really we are now boiling down to Gomes - he’s just gash
Iwobi - wasn’t hiding, just isn’t very good
Gylfi - had one of his invisible man performances.

If the attitude isn’t right, then it’s up to management to sort that out, so I’m afraid some of the blame lies there for me.

"It seemed the players were focused but not tonight [Saturday], they were not focused and, maybe, I need to push more on that aspect to have the players more ready when the game starts"

A positive that he's said that but also concerning that he isn't doing it already. He has to be on a club like ours players 24/7 - tough love and sand dunes are required none of this best mates and smiles in training nonsense.

At least 6 of the team which started Saturday will be in the starting XI next season.

Then you’d hope the likes of Holgate would be still trying to prove himself, Coleman can never be faulted for attitude.

If the attitude isn’t right, then it’s up to management to sort that out, so I’m afraid some of the blame lies there for me.
Management being at fault crossed my mind as well. Odd thing is that this has been going on for many years with different Managers and different players. Maybe it is an Everton thing :confused:

And Richarlison maybe? Seems to be up for it in a game he thinks is big, otherwise not so much imo.

"It seemed the players were focused but not tonight [Saturday], they were not focused and, maybe, I need to push more on that aspect to have the players more ready when the game starts"

A positive that he's said that but also concerning that he isn't doing it already. He has to be on a club like ours players 24/7 - tough love and sand dunes are required none of this best mates and smiles in training nonsense.
I reckon he's used to players being able to motivate themselves for important games. Its the standard he is used to before coming here.

I'm sure that it's been a shock since he's been here at just how unprofessional many of our squad are.

Hopefully the penny is dropping.

He has to confront the attitude that leads to walking football during games.

It's completely unacceptable and has been going on for ages, with the same players.

I think that clever recruitment of 2-3 players in the summer can play big dividends, but I doubt very much if we'll bring any more than that in and that's more likely with no Europe.

He has only a small core of players to rely on and then its the young players on the fringes - he will HAVE to introduce them.

We can't ever rely on Gomes, Iwobi, Delph, and Sigurdsson only gets a stay as at least he is capable of the odd goal.

We will have to make full use of the loan quota in the summer in addition to permanent signings to ensure we don't have any of the above starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.