2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said this before, and I’ll say it again, we as a fan base really do not deserve nice things. We have a manager who has won 20 major trophies, is an attractive name for players and just needs to be backed by our board for success. Yet David Moyes, who’s career has been an absolute joke for a decade, is suddenly a superior manager because he is having a six month good spell and will refer to type before we know it, and has still won nothing. I’ll stick with a manager who is a winner thanks, and hope our club can bring in the players he needs and deserves. If we can’t back a manager like Carlo to the hilt then there we really are just a mid table nothing club.

I have said this before, and I’ll say it again, we as a fan base really do not deserve nice things. We have a manager who has won 20 major trophies, is an attractive name for players and just needs to be backed by our board for success. Yet David Moyes, who’s career has been an absolute joke for a decade, is suddenly a superior manager because he is having a six month good spell and will refer to type before we know it, and has still won nothing. I’ll stick with a manager who is a winner thanks, and hope our club can bring in the players he needs and deserves. If we can’t back a manager like Carlo to the hilt then there we really are just a mid table nothing club.
It's ok to both think that Carlo is a far superior manager to Moyes and never in a million years want Moyes back at the club while also acknowledging that this season Carlo has probably been outmanaged by Moyes.

As people I would say they're not the same...(not having met either obvs)
Their playing record is not the same.
Allardyce peaked at Bolton...Ancelotti peaked all over the place

So I'll expand my original comment to make it clearer then...
Its a results driven business
It's about what you see is what you get...and at the moment, I am seeing and we are getting

8th playing crap Ancelotti football Vs 8th playing crap Allardyce football.

Some might say that the squad got to 8th despite Allardyce.
Some might also say the Ancelotti got to 8th despite the squad.
But...
Shight is as shight does - and, atm, we're shight.
QED
Whilst I agree on the displays ,what can he do with the squad that he hasn't tried ?Forget the hypothetical performances that are attributed on here to all and sundry ,what can he try that he has not already ? I believe that there is no player playing consistently well why? I don't know but we seem to as a set of players miss the main player ,whether it be James Richie or Dom .Whoever is on form if they are out of the side the team folds .
In my view we need a creative player or two in the middle of the park and that will be the difference .
It works two ways ,one we get creativity and two we get rid of some of the absolute no marks wearing our shirt .
Skill and ability is one side but the lethargy shown by some of these is criminal.
Someone posted that they think that some are happy as mid table players and picking up huge pay packets .That is ,if correct the main problem facing Carlo .
I am though quite sure that some of his choices are done to show the lack of depth in the squad in order to get new blood in .

Here, here. The trouble is Everton have bedroom fans, they think 'their' tactics would always work. If Everton lose, it is because the wrong players were picked, wrong tactics employed and not the fact the other team played well. 'bedroom' fans always think if they 'scout' a player, he would always join Everton and be immediately superior to any one. Leave the guy for 3 or 4 years, accept some poor matches along the way and reap the benefits.

This is really a small club mentality. It is the results and the performance that determine whether Ancelotti has the trust of the supporter and the owners, not his merits. It should be the sporting ambitions of the board that determine his fate, and whether he fulfills them, not his merits. Personally, I think Ancelotti deserves a second chance next season, but I must be honest to say that the development under Ancelotti has not been convincing. The trophies with the world's biggest club team are indifferent to me, because it is a completely different context.

I'll be honest I don't think there is a manager on the planet who could get these lot to turn up more than a handful of times a season.

They've proven it and as Carlo is renowned for his man management skills who is lauded by all the best players in the world, If he is struggling, a man who players have always ran through brick walls for we are buggered. may as well let him get his own players in before judging.

I'll be honest I don't think there is a manager on the planet who could get these lot to turn up more than a handful of times a season.

They've proven it and as Carlo is renowned for his man management skills who is lauded by all the best players in the world, If he is struggling, a man who players have always ran through brick walls for we are buggered. may as well let him get his own players in before judging.
Yes, it is possible. An 8th place is anyway within what we have achieved the last 5 seasons, and does not indicate that we have taken any big steps. Ancelotti is known for his good handling of star player, but he is also criticized for conducting training with too low intensity, and being too lenient towards the players. It is also a characteristic of Ancelotti. Hopefully we will invest in quality players, and Ancelotii will show his class next season.

Yes, it is possible. An 8th place is anyway within what we have achieved the last 5 seasons, and does not indicate that we have taken any big steps. Ancelotti is known for his good handling of star player, but he is also criticized for conducting training with too low intensity, and being too lenient towards the players. It is also a characteristic of Ancelotti. Hopefully we will invest in quality players, and Ancelotii will show his class next season.
From what I can gather, this has been said once by Bayern players. I'm sorry but you don't win titles especially in this country if your players aren't fit. That line gets dragged out all the time. Have any of his previous clubs said this?

Still, we are not title contenders, he's the biggest name we have ever been able to attract and he probably has found it a bit harder than he was expecting. But if the players don't put the hard yards in every game, he's taking the fall for it and I am sick of the players getting managers sacked just to rinse and repeat with the next guy,

Long term thinking now, let Carlo Ancelotti build his own team. his name still carries weight when attracting players so we need to think long term.

From what I can gather, this has been said once by Bayern players. I'm sorry but you don't win titles especially in this country if your players aren't fit. That line gets dragged out all the time. Have any of his previous clubs said this?

Still, we are not title contenders, he's the biggest name we have ever been able to attract and he probably has found it a bit harder than he was expecting. But if the players don't put the hard yards in every game, he's taking the fall for it and I am sick of the players getting managers sacked just to rinse and repeat with the next guy,

Long term thinking now, let Carlo Ancelotti build his own team. his name still carries weight when attracting players so we need to think long term.
Naples. Of course, the players were in shape, but when you play football at the very highest level, it is the margins that count. I do not agree that we should support a coach regardless of performance, just because the coach has a good track record. But I agree that it is too early to start talking about getting rid of Ancelotti.

But I'm also not nervous that if Ancelotti does not succeed, no one else will succeed. There are quite a few good coaches out there, and who have not had the chance to coach any relatively large clubs yet. There are coaches who do not yet know that they will become coaches, and some of them will win lots of trophies and be innovative. Just like there were good coaches before Ancelotti started working as a coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.