2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re good lads. Or are you jealous they get paid for talking about a passion of theirs?

They were not criticising Carlo. What they said is what most intelligent fans are saying. Get Carlo top drawer players and he will deliver.

But we won’t. We never do. We need 5-6 players and to sell 5 or 6. That isn’t happening. Carlo isn’t a long term project manager. He’s a short term head coach to bring quick success.

We can bury our heads in the sand and attack anyone who doesn’t pretend that Carlo is the best manager ever but this simply isn’t true - some people here are acting like Kopites. They worship their managers for no reason before they’ve even kicked a ball.

I support Everton and have done since 1977. I don’t support Carlo, this isn’t Carlo FC. We need a project manager and to think long term.

When we’re serving up the same Big Sam football under Carlo at Goodison next season, with Siggy just standing around doing nothing and Carlo looking out of ideas in front of the dugout, the fans will make their feelings known.
Care to name names

The issue is lack of world class players

Come off it

Our best player this season is an ex Sheffield United / Northampton Town player

One of the best players in prem over the past few seasons Jamie Vardy used to play non league football

Liverpool won the league with a squad full of ex Sunderland, ex southampton, ex hull, ex Newcastle, ex Stoke and ex Charlton players

The problem is recruitment and buying absolute rejects like gomes from Barcelona and iwobi from arsenal when there are cheaper and better alternatives

That predictable monotonous aspect to it is depressing in itself.

None of us can go see the team so it was always going to be a strange year with a lot of disconnection from the club. Personally I never really have high expectations for the team so the league position hasn't shocked me but the huge away wins and some magical moments on the pitch (not to mention my boy top scoring) have kept it a neutral season for me.

I reckon he's used to players being able to motivate themselves for important games. Its the standard he is used to before coming here.

I'm sure that it's been a shock since he's been here at just how unprofessional many of our squad are.

Hopefully the penny is dropping.
If it's taken this long for the penny to drop then it's quite concerning to be honest. There were people who were on here absolutely convinced after the Liverpool cup game last year that Sigurdsson had played his last game for the club because there's no way Ancelotti would stand for it. 18 months later he's still going out there in the armband in games and we've basically confirmed he's going to get a new contract. I think there's a fair bit of wishful thinking going on.

Care to name names
I think it’s pretty obvious. There are people posting here who attack anyone who might have doubts about Carlo.

I was protecting the fella from criticism myself and I love what he did at Milan and Chelsea.

but it’s clear to me now that he just isn’t a manager for a midtable club like Everton or even Napoli who had far better players than us.

Put him at Chelsea now and he will win stuff. But we aren’t Chelsea - we don’t attract the best players and we don’t buy enough quality. We sign Premier league rejects and dross from the Dutch league.

Carlo knows he won’t do anything here the penny has dropped with him, you can tell by how miserable the job is making him

If it's taken this long for the penny to drop then it's quite concerning to be honest. There were people who were on here absolutely convinced after the Liverpool cup game last year that Sigurdsson had played his last game for the club because there's no way Ancelotti would stand for it. 18 months later he's still going out there in the armband in games and we've basically confirmed he's going to get a new contract. I think there's a fair bit of wishful thinking going on.

It is concerning. I also have no faith whatsoever in the DOF being able to move these players on.

Status
Not open for further replies.