2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
very suprised to see Ancelotti that high given our awful home record under him

shows people are prepared to give him time to bring in his own players and adapt to his style
The calibre of players that we’ll be able to get/be in the market for, because of him, given the respect he has amongst his ex players and beyond, I imagine is a contributing factor.

shows people are prepared to give him time to bring in his own players and adapt to his style
It shows that most fans are realistic and realise it takes time to build a team.
There are some on here who would want us to win the league next season and then expect us to win the CL
the following season.

Depending on our summer transfer activity, I think we may be a solid top six team next season with a shot at top four depending on how the other bigger teams perform.
I think it may be the season after that again before we expect to have a real tilt at top four.... all depending on what players we can afford to sign.

I think Carlo's history respectfully demands he be given time above other chancers, he has the credentials and deserves the leeway, that does not and should not mean he can't be open to criticism.

It's because at the end of the day, he's Carlo Ancelotti. I've been critical of him at times, but you do get to a point where you're looking at it saying 'well if he can't do it, who the hell could?'. I have absolutely no desire to see us change managers because I just don't know where we'd go from there, I would assume many others are the same.

They didn't ask a few from here !

Not sure if this survey was carried out over the length of the season so far, or at one random point throughout the season. Football being a fickle business, I’d imagine that graph would look a lot different if the question had been asked after the Burnley game as opposed to after the Anfield Derby for example.

Very surprised to see Arteta that high
They did win the FA Cup in quite impressive fashion, and he's doing a good job of integrating youth players.

I wonder if it was the youth policy that made them to decide to go with him over Ancelotti.

Saying that, he's probably earning a lot less, too.

SOME OF THE ANCELOTTI PRE MATCH CRYSTAL PALACE P/C

Gbamin update​

It's really good news, he trained this week, he trained last week. He is in a good condition, I think the medical staff did a fantastic job on him. He's ready to play. We can say he is back, I don't know if he'll play on Monday but for sure he will be involved.
Ancelotti confirms Delph and Bernard are not available

Doucoure update​

Doucoure's recovery is going well, but we have to be patient with him.

Ancelotti on Davies & Godfrey​

Davies and Godfrey will be available on Monday Pickford is still out, Olsen is available however
Carlo confirms Tom Davies trained well today

Ancelotti on Virginia​

Of course, Virginia did really well. We hope Jordan is going to recover soon, we need him for the end of the season.

Ancelotti on James​

James is well, he’s in a good condition. He trained well in this break. He is motivated and his condition is good. He is going to put more quality in our attacking play, It's important for us to have James back at his best. At the start of the season he helped a lot, above all in front. We hope he will do the same, I am quite confident because I see him in training showing a good condition and attitude

Ancelotti on Pickford and Olsen​

Not available Jordan Pickford, he still has a problem. Olsen will be available, he is okay.

Carlo on fight for Europe​

It will be an exciting race because a lot of teams are involved. We are convinced that we can do well and reach European condition. Of course we have to fight every day, every day is a final. We have to improve our home form and start against Crystal Palace.

Carlo on Twitter Abuse etc​

Henry closing down his Twitter account: “I think it was a good reaction from Henry to close social media when he received abuse. It’s the only way to inform the company that it’s not acceptable. I totally agree and support his decision.

Carlo on Hodgson​

We have a lot of respect. I spoke yesterday with Sacchi on his birthday & he said to me 'Say hello to Roy'.
He's a respected manager because he did well everywhere

Carlo on Break​

I think that this break was good for us. First of all we didn’t have injury in the National teams. All the players came in a good condition. And we were able to improve the condition on James, Gbamin, Olsen. The squad is ready to fight. My old manager used to say our job is the best in the world, but the only problem is there are games sometimes! It's a fantastic job, but it's the match at the end which gives you the emotion, and emotion is the most important part of your job.

Carlo on Inconsistency​

The games we tried to put more quality in front, we lost balance. We have worked on this, to put quality in our play, to try to keep the balance we used to have when we played defensive matches.

Carlo on The Stadium​

Everyone at the club was really happy for the fact that finally we are able to start to build a new stadium. Of course it is an important step for the future of this club. For this reason I think we are able to reach European this season. It is a big step

Carlo on Keane​

I spoke with him, he trained really well. I said to him it can be an opportunity, the fact that you're not in the [England] squad. At the end, you want to be in the squad for the Euros, and I think he has the possibility to be there.

Carlo on Palace​

Like all the teams in the Premier League, they're difficult to beat. They have a clear identity, dangerous players in front. Like usual we have to be focused, concentrated and brave. We need to win.

Carlo on "Be Brave"​

If we are consistent, if we are brave, I think that we can reach the European target

Carlo on Pickford Injury Time Frame​

Not sure how long it will be. He is improving day by day but he still hasn’t worked on the pitch.
Maybe he will start next week to work on the pitch with the goalkeeping coach.

Carlo on James Season​

He played a lot of games at the beginning & lost a little bit his condition. When he was not 100%, he did really good performances against Man United & Leicester. His season was good until now. Top at the beginning, more difficulty in the middle

"Carlo on Twitter Abuse etc​

Henry closing down his Twitter account: “I think it was a good reaction from Henry to close social media when he received abuse. It’s the only way to inform the company that it’s not acceptable. I totally agree and support his decision."

didn't realise thierry henry played for everton

Status
Not open for further replies.