2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swear half the fans expect us to go unbeaten all season.

I don’t think anyone does.

I just think they don’t expect to lose comfortably at home to Newcastle, West Ham, Leeds and 18th placed Fulham with next to little fight in most of those games, losing at least 2 of those games in the exact same fashion. He’s got it spot on against the better sides this season but needs work on a different approach against the lesser sides that’s all people would like to see. When you go down the exact same fashion the way you lost your last home game it says nothing was learned or worked on.

I actually thinks he trusts us more without the ball than with it hence why he concedes possession in almost every game. Once we get our strongest 11 back we may see a different style of football and more possession front foot football.
I’m pretty sure he didn’t sign James Rodriguez to have us not having any possession.

Reactions: JLW
I don't think that's an issue - I feel the same. We're a better team off the ball, counter-attacking.

However, if that is the case, we can't be playing the midfield that we did the other day, because teams just stroll through us and dominate, even though in theory, each of those midfielders are capable on the ball.
Depends who is in the team as we have the slowest counter attack in world football a lot of the time.
Chalk and cheese to a Man Utd or Leicester

Depends who is in the team as we have the slowest counter attack in world football a lot of the time.
Chalk and cheese to a Man Utd or Leicester

Our counter attack.....

Opposition has every man in our half....
Lose possession...
Everton get it out wide to Digne...
Runs to the half way line....
Stops...
Opposition has every man back in their box....
Digne shrugs his shoulders and passes back to centre-back...

That’s all she wrote folks.

I don’t think anyone does.

I just think they don’t expect to lose comfortably at home to Newcastle, West Ham, Leeds and 18th placed Fulham with next to little fight in most of those games, losing at least 2 of those games in the exact same fashion. He’s got it spot on against the better sides this season but needs work on a different approach against the lesser sides that’s all people would like to see. When you go down the exact same fashion the way you lost your last home game it says nothing was learned or worked on.

If we’d beaten Newcastle Fulham and West Ham but lost to Spurs Leicester Wolves Leeds away would people be happier?

We lost against Newcastle because of lazy defending by Gomes.
Iwobi witout being brilliant certainly does offer much needed width and is also good at defending.
We were outplayed by Fulham but certainly not by West Ham or Newcastle. I Am referring to the first Newcastle game not the recent debacle

Dont you think newcastle at home instead of concentrating on who may or may not have lost shape that we should be more concerned on the fact we cant take the game to teams like this for 90 minutes. Iwobi is awful. He hardly ever beats a fullback and he cant cross.
Long term we need to bin him and half a dozen others. THATS why we are not beating these teams at home.

Nope because our away record is Bob on and he has us set up to a tee for those games. It’s his home record that needs working on. Why can’t we have both?

Because we have a limited squad that can only play one way and at the moment that set up works better away from home than at home. I’d love to have both but if we did we’d be runaway leaders at the top of the league. Does a squad containing Siggurdson Davies Coleman Gomes Bernard with no backup strikers and no decent right back strike you as one that could tear away with the premier league?

Because we have a limited squad that can only play one way and at the moment that set up works better away from home than at home. I’d love to have both but if we did we’d be runaway leaders at the top of the league. Does a squad containing Siggurdson Davies Coleman Gomes Bernard with no backup strikers and no decent right back strike you as one that could tear away with the premier league?
Genuine question though, why does it work better away? Not a loaded question, I genuinely don't understand. If this season is different and home advantage has gone out of the window, what is it about home games that's so different to away games? Normally the difference would be that there's more pressure on you to attack at home because the crowd will get restless etc, but that isn't the case now, so what is it? Theoretically all that should happen if home advantage isn't an advantage anymore is that the 'better' team should now win every time, regardless of whether they're away or not. That would make sense. Being good away but not at home doesn't really make sense, there's no obvious reason for the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.