2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t care if we win by one fluke last minute goal every game if we get top 4 and win the FA Cup.

For me, this season is about making ourselves as attractive as possible for big signings this summer and if we’re in Europe and just won a trophy we’ll be very attractive with Carlo at the helm.

I don’t care if we win by one fluke last minute goal every game if we get top 4 and win the FA Cup.

For me, this season is about making ourselves as attractive as possible for big signings this summer and if we’re in Europe and just won a trophy we’ll be very attractive with Carlo at the helm.

If we’re not in Europe and don’t win a trophy what happens then? As that looks the most likely outcome at the moment.

6 points out of the next 2 games. WOW
4 points. Amazing
3 points. Would be happy
2 points. Means unbeaten in both and not too shabby
1 Point. Poor
0. points Wave goodbye to any CL aspirations
CL aspirations? I never had any and at no point have we looked anywhere near that level tbh

Score line wise we won comfortably but that was a tough game. We capitalised on 3 errors from their midfielder. They dominated possession and had as many shots as we did. I honestly can’t remember the last time we were able control a game and comfortably see it out.
In the last 20 minutes against Brighton, we couldn’t get a kick of the ball. That worried me. It’s happened a lot since.

Thats garbage. Iwobi and sigurdsson stunk the place out that night. We never lost at home to newcastle because iwobi was taken off. We lost because the attacking options of your alex iwobis offered feck all.
We lost against Newcastle because of lazy defending by Gomes.
Iwobi witout being brilliant certainly does offer much needed width and is also good at defending.
We were outplayed by Fulham but certainly not by West Ham or Newcastle. I Am referring to the first Newcastle game not the recent debacle

If we’re not in Europe and don’t win a trophy what happens then? As that looks the most likely outcome at the moment.
I just said in my example that we win every game with a last minute goal so we would get champions league and win the cup if that happened.

Obviously if we don’t do either then this season is a failure.
If we finish seventh but seventh place gets europa league then we’re in a better position to recruit better players than if we finish eighth and aren’t in Europe. In this instance I’d rather win one extra game and finish seventh with a bunch of lucky victories than absolutely smash a few teams but have less points.

Performance is secondary to the result on a given day. But if you regularly put in lethargic performances with a lack of energy then eventually the results will reflect it. We've had too many average performances and you can only sustain it for so long. The first thing to do is to go back to being committed and solid at the back. We haven't kept anywhere near enough clean sheets this year and that has to be the number one priority.

No one is saying sack him, don't think I've seen anyone suggest that. A manager of his experience should still be able to get a result against the likes of Steve Bruce, Scott Parker and every housewives favourite David Moyes.

I don’t think the housewives like David Moyes mate.

His translucent skin and ginger hair , make them fearful of him stealing their children’s souls.

In the last 20 minutes against Brighton, we couldn’t get a kick of the ball. That worried me. It’s happened a lot since.

It’s been like this most of the season at home. But for the Chelsea & Arsenal games in the league we haven’t dominated a game on our own turf for a long time. Recently it’s not even about dominating, it’s got to the point now where we don’t even have a response to cannon fodder teams who get in our faces. We have been well and truly out done by Moyes, Bielsa, Bruce & Parker. With no reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.