2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
An how are the points calculated?
The IFFHS has devised an equitable method for determining THE WORLD’S BEST CLUB COACH OF THE DECADE 2011-2020. It was taken in consideration the TOP 20 of each yearly ranking of each category concerned and allocated points to each place. So the first placed received 20 points, the second placed 19 points, the third placed 18 points …. And 1 point for the twentieth place. If the annual ranking comprised fewer than 20, no point will be awarded for the unoccupied places .

Adding the points from the individual years provides a World Ranking for the Period 2011 – 2020.

I very much doubt he won’t sign a contract because he played 1 game on the left.
He seems like the player who loves to play football and will play anywhere, he was excellent at CB in the 2 games he played there
I’m talking about if we kept Godfrey there and so moved digne, as people were suggesting. Obviously.

Interesting.
I mean you could flip that around and say we won games because of the back four giving the platform by not conceding just as much as looking at the west ham game.
It all depends on who comes in over the next 6/12 months.
As much as i like digne( could be any other player tbh) i will take the solid foundation of clean sheets and not conceding many over the attacking option.
We'd all love both. Reality is its a very select few who get both spot on and successful. You really need personel of a whole team to get that.
I do t think that’s really flipping it is it? I’m agreeing that in some games - usually against teams who want the majority of the ball, who want to take the game to us etc - the 4 centre halves works well, but it has its limitations. It’s basically the same principle Moyes had, and I think it has the same issues now as it did then.

I do t think that’s really flipping it is it? I’m agreeing that in some games - usually against teams who want the majority of the ball, who want to take the game to us etc - the 4 centre halves works well, but it has its limitations. It’s basically the same principle Moyes had, and I think it has the same issues now as it did then.

Thats why i said its about the personel of the whole team. Moyes is a different example because he never had or had the opportunity to get in players who could influence a game attacking wise. Ancelotti is a bigger pull than moyes if he goes after players.

He came on as a sub ,scored a hat trick
The first time United surrendered a 3 goal lead in Fergusons time there
They were 3 up twice in the game
Fergusons 1500th and final game in charge of United

Not quite true that. I remember United surrendering a three goal lead over at the tinmine back in 1994 and we overturned a 0-3 half time score against them at Goodison in 2004 to get it back to 3-3 before typically succumbing to a stoppage time winner.

Thats why i said its about the personel of the whole team. Moyes is a different example because he never had or had the opportunity to get in players who could influence a game attacking wise. Ancelotti is a bigger pull than moyes if he goes after players.
Yeah I think there’s more to it than that personally. The system works as its ostensibly a defensive system, where everybody mucks in and covers the flaws of other players. The whole is better than the sum of the parts because of that. You can’t just add more attacking players and expect the defensive side to remain the same.

So beating 3 of the better teams in the league all in a row with lots of key players missing, winning another and drawing another, meaning we won more games than Villa anyway doesn’t warrant manager of the month? Strange. I wonder what they base it on then?
Could be wrong, but I always thought it was a public vote?

1610719060717.png

Yeah I think there’s more to it than that personally. The system works as its ostensibly a defensive system, where everybody mucks in and covers the flaws of other players. The whole is better than the sum of the parts because of that. You can’t just add more attacking players and expect the defensive side to remain the same.

I think you are misreading what im saying. Im not talking about attacking players than do no defensive work. Im talking a level that are a cut above the likes moyes had like kevin kilbane.
But we digress. I will still take option1. If its digne at left back and more goals conceded or digne on the left of midfield and clean sheets then digne better start liking playing left of midfield.

I think you are misreading what im saying. Im not talking about attacking players than do no defensive work. Im talking a level that are a cut above the likes moyes had like kevin kilbane.
But we digress. I will still take option1. If its digne at left back and more goals conceded or digne on the left of midfield and clean sheets then digne better start liking playing left of midfield.
Hmm, I think you're misunderstanding too. If we win games I couldn't really care less how we do it, I'm just saying I don't think we'll keep winning games like that. If we do, great, it's fine, I just can't see it.

Thread at the bottom of the 2nd page.....tut tut

starting with Leic next week we have 4 league games in 10 days before the break for the cup again.

Wed 27 Lei h
Sat 30 New h
Tues 01 Leeds a
Sat 06 Man U a

can’t wait. With Carlo I don’t even stress much over a poor run if we lose 2 or 3 of those, it would be great to do something this season but with the squad improving I’m enjoying the stability and steady improvement such a great manager brings

Status
Not open for further replies.