2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holds hands up, but tbf, that was when there were few candidates...pre-rejuvenated Moyes, 'kin Rafael and that was it...and Ancelotti hadn't been sacked by Napoli.

No issue with people who wanted him pre Ancelotti. Slight gripe with those calling for him when we lost two in a row after winning our first four on the spin, or after his Leeds team edged a 1-0 against us in a game that could have gone either way. They’re now out of the cup and in the bottom half whilst we’re challenging the top 6 and still in the cup. I know it’s the odd few trying to be edgy but I’ve not known such a lack of patience for a manager as seen with Ancelotti. We even gave Martinez three seasons and a good few still didn’t want him fired. Ancelotti picks a torrid squad up, immediately almost doubles its points output yet the second he drops points people have questioned whether we should have gone for someone else. Everyone has a right to an opinion of course but I find it unbelievable that Ancelotti doesn’t have more credit in the bank. Numerous people are still harping on about the Newcastle Burnley and Fulham games and the Burnley game was an away draw and the Fulham game we won! (Both teams subsequently shown to be in very decent form as well). Some people are complaining that we’ve only been ‘edging’ games against Arsenal Chelsea Leicester! It’s just completely disproportionate to the job he’s doing. Thus far he’s left all the ‘we should have gone for’ candidates in his trail this season. Messrs Bielsa, Hasenhuttl, Potter, Nuno, Arteta, Wilder are all looking up at the don. Yet I guarantee you if we don’t beat Leicester the moaning will be ridiculous and there’ll be numerous people calling for whichever manager of that list happens to win that weekend.

Thread at the bottom of the 2nd page.....tut tut

starting with Leic next week we have 4 league games in 10 days before the break for the cup again.

Wed 27 Lei h
Sat 30 New h
Tues 01 Leeds a
Sat 06 Man U a

can’t wait. With Carlo I don’t even stress much over a poor run if we lose 2 or 3 of those, it would be great to do something this season but with the squad improving I’m enjoying the stability and steady improvement such a great manager brings

8pts would be magical

Fans that were doubting Carlo, honest question - who would you take out of this lot? I'd still take Carlo above all of these. Fergie might be the only better prem manager here. Mourinho might have more trophies, but he's a bit of an smug ass, Guardiola is bit too in love with himself to come to Everton and Simeone, there's a better chance of him going to Real than there is Everton.

If I couldn't take Carlo, I'd have Poch (he didn't want the Everton job though).

No issue with people who wanted him pre Ancelotti. Slight gripe with those calling for him when we lost two in a row after winning our first four on the spin, or after his Leeds team edged a 1-0 against us in a game that could have gone either way. They’re now out of the cup and in the bottom half whilst we’re challenging the top 6 and still in the cup. I know it’s the odd few trying to be edgy but I’ve not known such a lack of patience for a manager as seen with Ancelotti. We even gave Martinez three seasons and a good few still didn’t want him fired. Ancelotti picks a torrid squad up, immediately almost doubles its points output yet the second he drops points people have questioned whether we should have gone for someone else. Everyone has a right to an opinion of course but I find it unbelievable that Ancelotti doesn’t have more credit in the bank. Numerous people are still harping on about the Newcastle Burnley and Fulham games and the Burnley game was an away draw and the Fulham game we won! (Both teams subsequently shown to be in very decent form as well). Some people are complaining that we’ve only been ‘edging’ games against Arsenal Chelsea Leicester! It’s just completely disproportionate to the job he’s doing. Thus far he’s left all the ‘we should have gone for’ candidates in his trail this season. Messrs Bielsa, Hasenhuttl, Potter, Nuno, Arteta, Wilder are all looking up at the don. Yet I guarantee you if we don’t beat Leicester the moaning will be ridiculous and there’ll be numerous people calling for whichever manager of that list happens to win that weekend.

I think the style of football has had a lot to do with it.

Fortunately I think Ancelotti a very aware of this as he mentions about our poor quality on the ball but spirit is what's taking us through games.

I'm assuming its still a personel thing as when we have everyone available and fit we've played decent togger. But the level of performance certainly drops off once we lose 1 or 2 players and it ain't pretty to watch that's for sure.

Thats where it boils down to what's important and what matters most to us, results or performances. Take the Wolves game as an example, for me personally that was a horrid showing of football and the set up without a recognised striker was horrible. BUT, he got the job done and chalked another win with what was available.

I'd be disappointed if he wasn't given more options this window because what he's shown is when given the chance to purchase players, they've made a massive difference. The sunmers window is the first time we can genuinely say we bought 4 1st team players who massively contribute. Can you imagine if we brought in 2 now and that happened then another 4 in the summer and that happened. I think we'd then be seeing a far better Everton side playing the type of football we'd all like to see.

In the main I think he's got the backing of the fans though and we've just got to stay in touching distance of Europe and stay in the cup for as long as possible.

I think the style of football has had a lot to do with it.

Fortunately I think Ancelotti a very aware of this as he mentions about our poor quality on the ball but spirit is what's taking us through games.

I'm assuming its still a personel thing as when we have everyone available and fit we've played decent togger. But the level of performance certainly drops off once we lose 1 or 2 players and it ain't pretty to watch that's for sure.

Thats where it boils down to what's important and what matters most to us, results or performances. Take the Wolves game as an example, for me personally that was a horrid showing of football and the set up without a recognised striker was horrible. BUT, he got the job done and chalked another win with what was available.

I'd be disappointed if he wasn't given more options this window because what he's shown is when given the chance to purchase players, they've made a massive difference. The sunmers window is the first time we can genuinely say we bought 4 1st team players who massively contribute. Can you imagine if we brought in 2 now and that happened then another 4 in the summer and that happened. I think we'd then be seeing a far better Everton side playing the type of football we'd all like to see.

In the main I think he's got the backing of the fans though and we've just got to stay in touching distance of Europe and stay in the cup for as long as possible.

The football at the Wolves game last season was shocking yes, but I didn’t think there was much wrong with how we played the other night. The first goal is great football, James then slipped Iwobi clean through for a shot on goal, then there wa stage goal second half. We had at least three or four very good chances away from home. Wolves are not an easy team to play against by any stretch.

Yes we’ve undoubtedly changed our football from the first few games when we had a high line flying fullbacks and scoring loads but the key for me is that this is not % football. We don’t just have Keane lashing long balls all match to Calvert Lewin looking for a flick on and hoping something breaks for us. That’s what we’ve done away from home in the past under nearly every manager we’ve had. Now we’re playing on the deck most of the time, even if we’re playing badly it’s still possession based football. That’s why I just don’t see this bad style of football people are mentioning.

The football at the Wolves game last season was shocking yes, but I didn’t think there was much wrong with how we played the other night. The first goal is great football, James then slipped Iwobi clean through for a shot on goal, then there wa stage goal second half. We had at least three or four very good chances away from home. Wolves are not an easy team to play against by any stretch.

Yes we’ve undoubtedly changed our football from the first few games when we had a high line flying fullbacks and scoring loads but the key for me is that this is not % football. We don’t just have Keane lashing long balls all match to Calvert Lewin looking for a flick on and hoping something breaks for us. That’s what we’ve done away from home in the past under nearly every manager we’ve had. Now we’re playing on the deck most of the time, even if we’re playing badly it’s still possession based football. That’s why I just don’t see this bad style of football people are mentioning.

I think there's large spells of togger which just isn't easy on the eye but I think its okay to say that and be honest. Like I said I think there's factors at play which is a shocking lack of depth. If you give Ancelotti quality players he will have the team playing quality football. His Napoli side was one of the better sides (twice) to go to Annfield for example and play some quality football.

We are a massive work in progress and short in so many positions and then even more short in depth to be able to rotate that I'm a realist that it ain't going to be pretty at times. But the more we win, the better for all concerned because etc be honest its far more fun looking at the league table and where we could be after a win than after a defeat and the frustrations that bring.

In Carlo we trust and I hope we back him to the hilt the next couple of windows and we'll then see what he can really do with a squad.

Rather play crap and win then play amazing and lose. This season is all about wins and winning, getting as high as possible and get in to Europe.
Carlo done amazing considering the injuries we had this season, the real test is to come, away to Arsenal,Chelsea,Utd,RS all grounds we struggle at

Carlo is the best thing that has happened to our club in my time of supporting the blues (since about 88) - to have us in the position we are in with the squad we have is phenomenal. He is turning what were average premier league players into really effective players. DCL was not good enough in most people's opinion under Silva, and now he is likely to be in the Euros squad and is one of our best players. The club need to back him in the market. If he stays like he says he will, I have no doubts the premier league will have gone from a 'Top 4' to a 'Top 6' to a 'Top 7' over a 10 year period. We will be one of those big boys, knocking on the door like Spurs have been in recent years.

Put my mind at ease please......

Is there any danger that CA could have is head turned by a return to Stamford Bridge? He will be on their list I assume, probably not at the top but there. I suspect the answer is a hard no from him, but I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.