2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else notice how he's slimmed down a bit since last year? he seemed to come back after the short break in the summer looking more trim.

I am sure proving a few lids on here wrong was top of his priority list when he picked the team
Regardless, he does ultimately need the support of the fan base. And I’m happy to be proven wrong. I was very unconfident after those 7 or 8 games with 1 win which I put at the feet of Carlo due to some baffling team selections and tactics.

He’s changed the team, got it working, beat some good sides and has us very competitive. Wasn’t sure he’d turn it around, but has proven me wrong. Very happy with that

When Silva was finally booted I was as low as I’ve ever felt about Everton, even with the excitement of a new stadium, we just had no plan of what we were trying to achieve on the pitch.
Fast forward a year and we have:
Ancelotti, a classy man who’s won the lot
Allan, James and Doucoure added to the first team
Godfrey added for the future but also deputising fantastically
A bunch of deadweight like schneiderlin booted out
Some of perceived deadweight actually putting in some performances (Iwobi in particular has turned it around)
DCL top goal scorer in the league and putting in class performances week in week out
Quarter final of the league cup
Right in the mix for top 4, 4th after 14 games
Wins against Spurs, Chelsea, Leicester and Arsenal this season and a draw with the RS

Things have really come along well, thanks Carlo!

Good article in the Athletic about him. He loves the Blues.
Has apparently hinted at staying beyond his contract too. That’s great for us. Imagine him still here in 5 years having developed players like Godfrey, Holgate, DCL etc. and being able to manage them in their prime.

I have no doubt that Carlo will win us at least one trophy before he leaves and make us competitive. He’ll definitely leave the club in a far better place than he inherited it.

Has apparently hinted at staying beyond his contract too. That’s great for us. Imagine him still here in 5 years having developed players like Godfrey, Holgate, DCL etc. and being able to manage them in their prime.

I have no doubt that Carlo will win us at least one trophy before he leaves and make us competitive. He’ll definitely leave the club in a far better place than he inherited it.

If he delivers a trophy and European football that lasts longer than a disastrous season then he’ll have absolutely transformed the BBC lib, the impact will be seismic. Not only will we have have gatecrashed the sky six we’ll have done it at the expense of one of them. He could change the future of the entire club.

I have been particularly vocal when we were on the bad run.

considering where we were when Silva left it’s definitely an improvement obviously.

He didn’t cover himself in glory in October and November, but seems to have put that aside now and a win at Sheff Utd would put us in a great position going into January, though the league is wide open.

Never felt more confident as an Everton fan since the premier league started. A top manager backed by Moshiri, a new stadium on the horizon, a top training facility, we seem to finally be making the transfer market work for us, we’re even starting to get our commercial act together a bit more.

Night and day to where we were when Moyes came in with a frozen training pitch at Bellefield, Kenwright’s promise of 5 mill a season to spend, Goodison creaking at the seams, him and Alan Irvine driving up to Scotland on scouting trips, the kitbag deal, get to 40 points first.

We can’t afford to mess up this opportunity but there is no one better in the world in my view to be in charge right now than Carlo Ancelotti. Any other manager could easily have fallen out with players, with the board, tactically too rigid, not up to the challenge, defeatist talk of not being able to challenge.

Thankyou for walking through the door Carlo just when we needed you. It’s a shame the board at Goodison of Everton managers doesn’t read Moyes Martinez Ancelotti because everything else in between has been an utter disgrace and unbefitting of the position at our great club. Never again can we let the likes of Koeman Allardyce or Silva over the threshold again.

I am an advocate of the saying 'one step back two steps forward'. It is the only way to learn. No one purposely makes errors but errors do help in the learning. We have to be honest and say we have not got the best team so some things will work and other things won't but we are starting to see great progress and under Carlo will continue to see progress. He can only do so much with what he has as he hasn't walked into a team full of the best players in the league. A few seasons of slow growing will eventually bring the stability and consistency we have always strived for. Inconsistencies will still happen down the road but we will learn a great deal from them as we have already. If we finish top 6 this season then I will be delighted. Our squad is much stronger than it has ever been with players now understanding roles to be played and yet we will surely be getting better players than we already have over the next few windows.

Can't fault what he has brought to this club in his short time here and I think we would all enjoy it more if we acknowledge that we are not the best team and get our expectations under a bit more control. Let us be realistic and then we can savour what Carlo and co are bringing to our great Club. ;)
AS a manager you will learn more from a 2-1 defeat than from a 10-0 victory

Status
Not open for further replies.