2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ive been saying the same to my friends most recently, and they are having mental breakdowns at the thought of Rodriguez being benched.
I bought a James shirt the day it went on sale, and am a massive fan, but if we keep winning and playing well we should stay with what’s working until it doesn’t. And if that means James has to sit out a few games I’m good with that. We could win every game from here on out and I’d be ok if James didn’t start in them.

I don’t think it’s a big deal though, someone will get injured or need to be rotated or pick up a red/yellow so it’s impossible he’ll be out for long. This is the best I’ve seen the defence this year. We haven’t looked like conceding in 3 games. We could put Bernard in goal right now and wouldn’t concede. Happily await any team that can break this defence down, it’s rock solid.

That didn’t go well
Why didn't you quote my post after the game where I said that I'm delighted to be proven wrong?

Also what the hell is it with you guys digging up posts and "gloating" over nothing? Seems there is an abundance of that the last few days, specially in this thread.

I've said stated my opinion, gave a reason why. Made sense to me at the time, would probably again. Didn't see Douc stepping up so hard, specially not Siggy.

Why didn't you quote my post after the game where I said that I'm delighted to be proven wrong?

Also what the hell is it with you guys digging up posts and "gloating" over nothing? Seems there is an abundance of that the last few days, specially in this thread.

I've said stated my opinion, gave a reason why. Made sense to me at the time, would probably again. Didn't see Douc stepping up so hard, specially not Siggy.
I’ve been away from the forum for a few weeks
I come back and the doom merchants are still here spouting [Poor language removed]
Why would you even say we will lose a game
We go into every game hoping and expecting to win especially against an out of form Arsenal
There again I’m a glass half full type of guy who trusts Ancelotti
I’ve seen the vision play in the flesh
I’ve seen us win leagues and cups
I’ve seen us win European trophies
I’ve seen the holy trinity
I’ve seen Latchford in his pomp
I’ve seen McKenzie jump over cars
I’ve also seen Mike Walker and Walter smith manage Everton
I’ve seen BK destroy the club
But I always expect and hope we win the next game

I am an advocate of the saying 'one step back two steps forward'. It is the only way to learn. No one purposely makes errors but errors do help in the learning. We have to be honest and say we have not got the best team so some things will work and other things won't but we are starting to see great progress and under Carlo will continue to see progress. He can only do so much with what he has as he hasn't walked into a team full of the best players in the league. A few seasons of slow growing will eventually bring the stability and consistency we have always strived for. Inconsistencies will still happen down the road but we will learn a great deal from them as we have already. If we finish top 6 this season then I will be delighted. Our squad is much stronger than it has ever been with players now understanding roles to be played and yet we will surely be getting better players than we already have over the next few windows.

Can't fault what he has brought to this club in his short time here and I think we would all enjoy it more if we acknowledge that we are not the best team and get our expectations under a bit more control. Let us be realistic and then we can savour what Carlo and co are bringing to our great Club. ;)

I dont think enough was made of what he had available on saturday. We had two keepers on the bench to basically make up the numbers. Beyond that bench you are talking literally unknowns. 6 first team squad players injured in a squad that isnt that big anyway. When you take into consideration what most Everton fans think about our squad and fairly so after watching them the past 2/3 years he has us right in there in a CL place. Compare that to man uniteds squad which is ridiculous in comparison. Their bench yest was cavani pogba matic greenwood mata baily henderson de beek and telles. We're throwing another keeper on the bench to actualy make the bench up. Chelsea's is very similar. We're above them and united are above us by 1 goal( due to leeds united playing like a school team yest)
Let things like that sink in.

Inappropriate Language
I come back and the doom merchants are still here spouting [Poor language removed]
We go into every game hoping and expecting to win especially against an out of form Arsenal
I'm not talking [Poor language removed] for the sake of it. I thought we'd lose, but am more than happy we didn't. Specially since we're also far removed from a stable squad, or at least were at that point.

And I do believe in Carlo, never said I didn't. You can check my post history. I just didn't, and still don't, believe in most of the players at his disposal, regardless of the last 3 results. On that note, long live the current form.

My opinion on this season is more along the lines of: just survive in the top half until transfer windows open up and Ancelotti can actually make a squad to his liking.

Edit; and it seems you're an old geezer. You should know better than to jump at first sight on everyone whose opinion is not 1:1 with yours.

too right brother, waaaay too many naysayers. Winning starts with a mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.