2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been particularly vocal when we were on the bad run.

considering where we were when Silva left it’s definitely an improvement obviously.

He didn’t cover himself in glory in October and November, but seems to have put that aside now and a win at Sheff Utd would put us in a great position going into January, though the league is wide open.
The important thing about the bad run is that he changed tactics. We didn’t carry on doing the same thing.

Why didn't you quote my post after the game where I said that I'm delighted to be proven wrong?

Also what the hell is it with you guys digging up posts and "gloating" over nothing? Seems there is an abundance of that the last few days, specially in this thread.

Yup. Glad I resisted the temptation to start calling him Carlo Ance-lost-the-plotti during that rough patch! I would have looked a right turnip!

All of a sudden, a draw at Burnley doesn’t look so bad.

Losing to United and Southampton a lot of sides will do this season.

only really Leeds and Newcastle looking bad results.

All of a sudden, a draw at Burnley doesn’t look so bad.

Losing to United and Southampton a lot of sides will do this season.

only really Leeds and Newcastle looking bad results.
People need to get it out of their head that X is an easy game and Y is a hard game.

People think we have a divine right to beat every team that's not in the Sky 6 or the new Sky 8 or whatever.

They dismiss the good results we get, the likes of Chelsea, Leicester, "Arsenal was an easy game, cos they stink"!.

We play in the most competitive league in World Football, teams at the bottom spend more than the likes of Bayern, Madrid, they have International players, high pedigree managers, no team has a divine right to beat anybody, you fight for every point.

We have just beat 3 very good teams in this league and people only want to focus on the defeats to the "lesser teams", "how did we lose to Z, they just lost to Y".

I expect us to win every game we play, but I'm never surprised when we don't, not cos, Everton that, but this league ain't for playing.

People need to get it out of their head that X is an easy game and Y is a hard game.

People think we have a divine right to beat every team that's not in the Sky 6 or the new Sky 8 or whatever.

They dismiss the good results we get, the likes of Chelsea, Leicester, "Arsenal was an easy game, cos they stink"!.

We play in the most competitive league in World Football, teams at the bottom spend more than the likes of Bayern, Madrid, they have International players, high pedigree managers, no team has a divine right to beat anybody, you fight for every point.

We have just beat 3 very good teams in this league and people only want to focus on the defeats to the "lesser teams", "how did we lose to Z, they just lost to Y".

I expect us to win every game we play, but I'm never surprised when we don't, not cos, Everton that, but this league ain't for playing.
I do agree, especially this year.
But I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have higher expectations for some games than others. That being said, I also don’t think we should expect to steam roller anyone in this league.

can we stop saying this, It is bad. We should have went to town on them.

No Its not. Thats pure ignorance and play station talk. Over the past few years its always been a tough place to go for most teams. Just like the fulham away game. They went away to leicester straight after and won and liverpool came away with a point by the skin of their teeth. Both of them have improved.
Its delusional to think we can just rock up and roll teams over. Where does that crap attitude come from.

I do agree, especially this year.
But I don’t think it’s unreasonable to have higher expectations for some games than others. That being said, I also don’t think we should expect to steam roller anyone in this league.
As above mate, Burnley is a tough place to go, most teams in this league are vastly better at home.

Well they’ve just beaten wolves who finished above us last season.

they are also unbeaten in their last 6.

12 points from their last 16.
We’ve got 13.
A draw against Burnley with Richarlison/DCL/Rodriguez on the pitch is not a good result, At the time they scored 4 goals and were in the bottom half I believe.

No Its not. Thats pure ignorance and play station talk. Over the past few years its always been a tough place to go for most teams. Just like the fulham away game. They went away to leicester straight after and won and liverpool came away with a point by the skin of their teeth. Both of them have improved.
Its delusional to think we can just rock up and roll teams over. Where does that crap attitude come from.
crap attitude? I have belief that we should be doing better at such a place who have poor players and struggle to score goals, I don't think we can just rock up and roll teams over at all you've just said that for me, I'm not however going to put a positive spin on drawing with Burnley a team who is severely limited and was struggling to score goals at the time.

crap attitude? I have belief that we should be doing better at such a place who have poor players and struggle to score goals, I don't think we can just rock up and roll teams over at all you've just said that for me, I'm not however going to put a positive spin on drawing with Burnley a team who is severely limited and was struggling to score goals at the time.
It’s football, with tactics and other variables

so it’s not 1+1=2

Status
Not open for further replies.