2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 years ago, I, just like almost every Evertonian was against Sam Allardyce for getting the Everton job full time because of 1 underlying reason. THE ANTI FOOTBALL BRAND WAS NOT WHAT EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB STANDS FOR. But for arguments sake, he finished 8th after inhering a team close to relegation. Why did the same fans then didn't make a case for backing him? Even he was getting good results through anti football and by account of the job he did, should have been backed more.

Carlo has a better resume than Allardyce so yeah, anything Carlo does is forgiven. Its that bullshit mindset I don't understand. I admire the efforts he has done in the 14 months and I disagree with him for not doing enough to work with Kean and Bernard while he still sees potential in Iwobi and Sigurdsson.

The general notion that "Oh this squad is so poor and is punching above its weight by a massive amount" is a joke. If this group of players assembled by the geniuses was so poor, then the ones who sanctioned these moves including Brands are to be held accountable as well.

Its not about the last 4 home games, its the approach that was taken in those 4 games what annoys me. Ancelloti and Everton are better than that. The whole case for Carlo is based right now cos he got away with 2 games with barely 1 shot on target whilw being outplayed by the opposition. Its purely luck and not sustainable. The win at Anfield is something I will genuinely admire Carlo for as he took the emotion out of the game which is how we should approach derbies considering our [Poor language removed] record.

I am not going to buy this "Oh Carlo is god and immune to critism" no matter what he does. I remember the same fans starting to believe Roberto Martinez could do no wrong after the 1st season. You should have every right to criticise if you don't believe in something and I do not believe Everton is that poor or injury stricken to approach games with such pragmatism and then hope VAR or last ditch Pickford could save the 1-0 slender wins.

The majority may believe Carlo's pragmatic anti football approach is a go for right now its yielding slender results but those same people also disapproved Sam Allardyce's similar approach.

But I know the hyenas will now come out to attack any criticsm cos "How dare someone not believe in Carlo's style of football".

Let the middle fingers in for voicing an unpopular opinion.

Hey @bicycleheader where you at?

The main difference between the 2 managers is with Allardyce we would be playing that way forever. With Ancelotti we will evolve our playing style.

Also, Ancelotti wins more than Allardyce. Games and trophies.

3 years ago, I, just like almost every Evertonian was against Sam Allardyce for getting the Everton job full time because of 1 underlying reason. THE ANTI FOOTBALL BRAND WAS NOT WHAT EVERTON FOOTBALL CLUB STANDS FOR. But for arguments sake, he finished 8th after inhering a team close to relegation. Why did the same fans then didn't make a case for backing him? Even he was getting good results through anti football and by account of the job he did, should have been backed more.

Carlo has a better resume than Allardyce so yeah, anything Carlo does is forgiven. Its that bullshit mindset I don't understand. I admire the efforts he has done in the 14 months and I disagree with him for not doing enough to work with Kean and Bernard while he still sees potential in Iwobi and Sigurdsson.

The general notion that "Oh this squad is so poor and is punching above its weight by a massive amount" is a joke. If this group of players assembled by the geniuses was so poor, then the ones who sanctioned these moves including Brands are to be held accountable as well.

Its not about the last 4 home games, its the approach that was taken in those 4 games what annoys me. Ancelloti and Everton are better than that. The whole case for Carlo is based right now cos he got away with 2 games with barely 1 shot on target whilw being outplayed by the opposition. Its purely luck and not sustainable. The win at Anfield is something I will genuinely admire Carlo for as he took the emotion out of the game which is how we should approach derbies considering our [Poor language removed] record.

I am not going to buy this "Oh Carlo is god and immune to critism" no matter what he does. I remember the same fans starting to believe Roberto Martinez could do no wrong after the 1st season. You should have every right to criticise if you don't believe in something and I do not believe Everton is that poor or injury stricken to approach games with such pragmatism and then hope VAR or last ditch Pickford could save the 1-0 slender wins.

The majority may believe Carlo's pragmatic anti football approach is a go for right now its yielding slender results but those same people also disapproved Sam Allardyce's similar approach.

But I know the hyenas will now come out to attack any criticsm cos "How dare someone not believe in Carlo's style of football".

I`d say that our position in the table negates most of that.

Are we now comparing one of the most successful managers in world club football, with a manager who`s won nothing apart from an old first division title and who got caught with his hands in the till with the England job lol

The point is, it is not sustainable. The 1:0 wins will turn to 1:2 or 1:3 defeats very soon. Its like racing with a Ford Focus against Ferraris and winning 1 round because the Ferraris had mechanical failures. Not sustainable simple. The next rounds you will get your arse handed to you. That will happen to Everton sooner than later!
Bit of a negative spin that.

Of course there will be defeats , that happens to every team every season.
Thats not cos we are set up too defencive.

Who's to say them 1-0 wins wont/ cant change to 2-0 3-0 4-0 wins.

The point is, it is not sustainable. The 1:0 wins will turn to 1:2 or 1:3 defeats very soon. Its like racing with a Ford Focus against Ferraris and winning 1 round because the Ferraris had mechanical failures. Not sustainable simple. The next rounds you will get your arse handed to you. That will happen to Everton sooner than later!
He's plays this way because our defence is solid. If that changes he'll adapt. He can get us scoring if he wants. See United, see spurs.

I personally was never against Big Sam. Thought he was necessary at the time.

However, the big thing against him was the rebuilding job that needed to be done after the disaster that was Koeman.

Big Sam isn't the person to do that. Everyone knew what he was there to do, even he knew it (hence he wanted 2 year deal to get a bigger payoff), and we got Silva in.

The bigger picture now is that we have the right man in Carlo can and will build.

People on here desperate for us to fail next few games so they can say “told you so” ... “but... but... but... what if we concede two goals We ArE ToAsT cOs Da WaY wE pLay” despite the fact that in the last 3 games we could and should have been at least 2-0 up ourselves.

We are 5th with two months of football left to play. Have some perspective and be happy.

Imagine comparing Allardyce's time here with Ancelotti. Yes the one that had less time here to get more of the new manager bounce and only had a 38% win rate. Absolute jokers.

55C63CFA-6BA6-4753-8CD4-2505C3E74558.jpeg

BuT MuM We CaNt KeEp PlAYiNG dAt WaY CoS We MiTe LoSe GaMeZ. We NeEd SaM BaCk

6-E179579-655-F-4-DF0-BCCC-83-B961-D36-EDD.gif

We do get a lot of games with 5+ minutes injury time, for nothing much it seems
There must be a way of checking the injury time from watching back games.. seems to be average 1/2mins in 1st half, at least 4/5 in 2nd. I understand subs take time so do refs stop play for each sub that comes on? Suppose 6 subs at 30secs each gives us the extra 3mins but it just seems crazy how much especially when we are winning. Its not like we are any good at time wasting!!

Kean wanted out. Bernard is trash hence why the best offer he got was from the Middle East. Sigurdsson has contributed to 21 points this season through his goals and assists in the league and pretty much single handedly let got us through to the FA Cup Quarter finals. He’s had little choice but to pick Iwobi on certain games have you seen the state of our back up players?

Be happy that we are where we are with so few games left. I 100% guarantee you won’t be complaining about the way we play if we get into the CL this season... I’d certainly hope not anyway!

Carlo has said that he has the team playing the way he wants and that the spirit in the team is good. He has said that it his team. The team has shown that it can now adapt to changes in formation/tactics during a game. We are 5th in the league with a good chance of European football. I accept that watching us at the moment is not the greatest spectacle but surely getting into the top 6 is well worth watching a few scrappy wins. Yes we will lose a couple of games but we are not Man City.
Trying to compare Carlo and recent managers is a pointless exercise. Don’t do it.

You obviously have a very poor memory. We gave up every game against the top 6 under Allardyce, we just forfeited and didn’t even bother trying to compete. This season we have beaten Spurs twice, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal. The fans’ issues with Allardyce were far more then simply style of play. The manner in which we turned up to big games as lambs to the slaughter was embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.