2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This man should lead us into Bramley Moor Dock hopefully with the Champions League trophy under one arm and the Premier League trophy under the other. If only he had been available in the summer of 2016. Lukaku, Barkley and maybe even Stones may have stayed. The windfall of 2017 may have been more wisely invested and we might have been the first * Champions last year.

This man should lead us into Bramley Moor Dock hopefully with the Champions League trophy under one arm and the Premier League trophy under the other. If only he had been available in the summer of 2016. Lukaku, Barkley and maybe even Stones may have stayed. The windfall of 2017 may have been more wisely invested and we might have been the first * Champions last year.
I mean having seen such a transformation in DCL and Davies, I’d have loved to have seen what he’d have done with a raw, Ross Barkley, I’m sure he wouldn’t have been getting Bingo’d in Santa Chupitos, that’s for sure lol

I mean having seen such a transformation in DCL and Davies, I’d have loved to have seen what he’d have done with a raw, Ross Barkley, I’m sure he wouldn’t have been getting Bingo’d in Santa Chupitos, that’s for sure lol

If he's available at a reasonable price I would have Barkley back. I know this will be an unpopular opinion but with Ancelotti giving him instructions he could be the difference. Alongside Allan and Doucoure we need a midfielder who could deliver 10-12 goals a season and in this team I believe he could. He might also think he has unfinished business here.

If he's available at a reasonable price I would have Barkley back. I know this will be an unpopular opinion but with Ancelotti giving him instructions he could be the difference. Alongside Allan and Doucoure we need a midfielder who could deliver 10-12 goals a season and in this team I believe he could. He might also think he has unfinished business here.
is it realistic for us to get that Camavinga guy from Rennes? He's godly at moments, and only 18.

With this manager anything is possible. Who would have thought James Rodriguez would be an Everton player 18 months ago.
Well James is specific, but if we get into top 4 somehow, I'd really love it if we made an attempt for Camavinga. No need to succeed at getting him here, just make the attempt. The guy's sick, and shouldn't even be expensive considering the situation in which Ligue 1 is in with their TV rights falling through and all that.

Well James is specific, but if we get into top 4 somehow, I'd really love it if we made an attempt for Camavinga. No need to succeed at getting him here, just make the attempt. The guy's sick, and shouldn't even be expensive considering the situation in which Ligue 1 is in with their TV rights falling through and all that.

We should be competing for all top talent. However money is still cautious so it might be they just want to get people in to fill specific positions.

We should be competing for all top talent. However money is still cautious so it might be they just want to get people in to fill specific positions.
well, if we want to compete for top talent we need to be top4. and we should seriously raid Ligue 1, aside from PSG, all the clubs there are in a bad financial situation, and they have a lot of talent.

well, if we want to compete for top talent we need to be top4. and we should seriously raid Ligue 1, aside from PSG, all the clubs there are in a bad financial situation, and they have a lot of talent.

If Gbamin got fit and Doucoure was in there as well it would be an all French speaking midfield. Allan and Davies as rotation it would certainly be a strong area. I agree we should be hoovering up top talent and if we are top 4 we will definitely be an attractive prospect.

Don’t think the financials are to bad, with the stadium being passed(fingers crossed) the club can move the 49mil(think it is) out of debt putting us under ffp. Plus WHEN we get CL it’s loads of money

Don’t think the financials are to bad, with the stadium being passed(fingers crossed) the club can move the 49mil(think it is) out of debt putting us under ffp. Plus WHEN we get CL it’s loads of money

I agree we are probably ok but there is nothing wrong with being cautious. We don't want to be back in the mess we've just got out of. They are talking bringing in just 3 players and maybe making King and Olsen permanent in the summer so I imagine the 3 may be marquee signings. If we sell Kean it should also help with the budget. Ancelotti is the man who has revolutionised this club although there should also be a nod to Brands.

I get your point, but I think he's beyond the point of no return, I watch him and don't think he's got the confidence or focus to be a top footballer nowadays, very few footballers at the age of 27, develop those things.

Not that I want to hold a grudge either, but personally, he can swivel, for the way he and his agent treated the club. Pulled the plug on Chelsea last minute, so they'd get a few extra notes and moved in January, costing us about £15m.

Brazil Manager Tite:

Can you explain your decision at the end of 2013 to take a break from coaching for a year, travel the world and study football?

I’ve always studied football and wanted to expand my knowledge, my ideas. When I left Corinthians, it was the perfect opportunity to study other coaches and teams to a greater degree, first-hand. I’d won everything I could at club level – the Campeonato Brasileiro, the Libertadores, the Club World Cup, where we beat Chelsea. I thought the next step was the Seleção and I wanted to improve myself as a coach as best as I could. I read books on Simeone, Guardiola. I studied what Bianchi achieved at Boca Juniors and Cruyff achieved at Barcelona. Football is different all over the world, each place has different things you can learn. I went to meet up with Bianchi and hear his ideas, which were very insightful. I spent time at Arsenal. I spent time with Ancelotti at Real Madrid. I studied Manchester City, the English champions, Bayern Munich, the German champions. I sought to learn everything – the stuff behind the scenes, the training, the tactics and what happens on the pitch. Everything. I watched all the matches at the 2014 World Cup, took notes, broke them down. That period was very important for my career.

Which coach have you learned the most from?

Ancelotti. The way Simeone organises his teams is remarkable. Guardiola, his offensive tactics, ability to break teams down is really impressive. Bianchi has an incredible ability to get the best out of his players in big finals. Some of Cruyff’s tactical ideas were fantastic. But I without doubt learned the most from Ancelotti. He sees the game in a different and unique way.

Status
Not open for further replies.