2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team can't manage 3 passes together how the hell can we play anything else but park the bus.
it would have worked against City if it wasn't for that meddling Mahrez and Pickford.

We play completely different away from home as our form and the stats show.

But we don’t mate. We sit in a low block and play for set pieces. That’s us.

We’ve scored more goals and had more shots on goal away from home than we have at home. We’ve scored 12 goals from open play away from home, 9 at home. 6 from set pieces at home, 5 away.
Generally we are better away from open play. Usually because teams don’t squeeze the life out of us at away games. I expect these to come out all guns blazing today leaving us opportunities to get at them.

Since December all we've done is sat deep and nick goals, The football is absolute garbage to watch.

I don’t disagree but I don’t think he has any excuse to sit back against these today. The team he’ll have available has enough quality in the attacking 3rd to make chances happen.

Reactions: JLW

Can't see who's going to make the difference in the midfield for us today. Many on here are expecting Allan to be that man, but in the Goodison derby he didn't know what had hit for the first half hour. Was way off the pace and just seemed to be running wherever the ball was. Add his lack of match fitness then I suggest we've got to look elsewhere for our inspiration. And that takes some looking!

I quite strongly disagree with this unless we’re talking about set pieces.

Fair dos mate. I just think generally we always have a better chance away from home. As above I expect them to come out guns blazing leaving space for us to create chances ourselves and think the quality is there, if we can get it right.

Then why can't it be said that the setup is wrong? If you don't think those players are good enough to put in efforts against a terrible defensive side then why even play then?

Don’t know. But DCL will probably be chasing shadows with no one within 70 yards of him while Richarlison does all the full back’s defending on the edge of our own box for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.