2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I thought we weren’t great, especially in the first half it was pretty much one way traffic for large periods. However I may be over exaggerating as I naively believed before the game we would have a great chance against these given what happened to them two weeks ago at Villa, I thought we’d be able to replicate something similar. Obviously football doesn’t work this way, they were never gonna come here and roll over like they did last week, there’s no way their manager would have accepted that. This was a reaction game for them and they were always gonna step it up with the occasion being what it was especially. We know they have a great attacking side and when they’re on form they’re unstoppable.

Ancelotti has seen and done it all, he’s got the T-shirt, he knows how the game works.
Now that the dust has settled and I’ve considered circumstances and seen how pleased Ancelottii was with the performance I suppose it’s more accepting.
Playing with 10 men for 65/70 mins gomes was poor

That’s it mate we had chances to win it ourselves at times. The days of us capitulating when we go a goal down are over over too. That’s one of the things that gives me confidence, that our heads don’t drop when we go behind and we always have goals in us.

When we were one down even against this rampant team I still fancied us to get back into it. Ancelotti is turning this club around.

I'll say the negative bit first. I thought this was a great opportunity to break the derby hoodoo , but unfortunately it's been 10 years to this day now since we last won a derby game. Now the positives, we are still unbeaten, we came back twice to peg them back and get the draw, so it's not all bad. But my overall feeling is one of disappointment. I thought this was a great chance to finally win a derby, but unfortunately the wait for that elusive derby win continues.

I'll say the negative bit first. I thought this was a great opportunity to break the derby hoodoo , but unfortunately it's been 10 years to this day now since we last won a derby game. Now the positives, we are still unbeaten, we came back twice to peg them back and get the draw, so it's not all bad. But my overall feeling is one of disappointment. I thought this was a great chance to finally win a derby, but unfortunately the wait for that elusive derby win continues.
Think you just write it off as our bogey team, every team has one, ours is unfortunately that shower!

They very recently just went almost two seasons barely dropping a point. I dont think this was the ideal time to play them, especially as their three best players had spent two weeks resting whilst our three best players were playing three internationals and picking up knocks. They turned up absolutely straining at the leash to beat us and we handled them fairly well.

At our "best" in the derby we sat off and stumbled to a dour draw.
At our worst we sat off and got thumped, beaten all over the pitch.

I'm disappointed we still haven't ended that hoodoo but in a game we still played generally poorly in, we competed and were a goal threat. I knew after the Villa game that it was going to be infinitely harder.

It's progress. Still think we are shackled by an inferiority complex but in truth of course they are better than us. I'll take yesterday in the hope we build on it, people forget we are still in the early stages of a very fundamental rebuild.

We were 50 points behind them last year. They are the champions and by some margin the best team in the country at the moment. We were not at our best.

And we still drew. They can cry all they like about VAR and injuries. They failed to beat us and that’s dropped points as far as they are concerned.

I’m more than happy to maintain our unbeaten run.

Let’s keep this going.

At our "best" in the derby we sat off and stumbled to a dour draw.
At our worst we sat off and got thumped, beaten all over the pitch.

I'm disappointed we still haven't ended that hoodoo but in a game we still played generally poorly in, we competed and were a goal threat. I knew after the Villa game that it was going to be infinitely harder.

It's progress. Still think we are shackled by an inferiority complex but in truth of course they are better than us. I'll take yesterday in the hope we build on it, people forget we are still in the early stages of a very fundamental rebuild.

This Liverpool team absolutely mullered Arsenal at home and then spanked Chelsea away. They had an abberation against Villa but before that people were talking about them going unbeaten and winning everything. They were at full strength apart from their goalkeeper with most of their players rested (Firmino and Van Dijk the only players to feature properly in the internationals). We were missing Holgate but had Digne Mina Richarlison DCL and Rodriguez who all played the majority of the internationals. Coleman and Allan were only just back from injury. After going a goal down it was a good performance from that point on. We didn’t panic and capitulate, and we continued to carry a threat all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.