2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
This season, with a very limited squad, he's got a win rate of around 55% in all competitions.

What the hell else could he be expected to do?

Some would trade all of that to beat Newcastle twice just so we could say he got one over on Steve Bruce. Out of all the cups and bottom half but at least we didn’t lose to Newcastle .

Every game where we look lazy and unfit I cant help but remember this article

But then I remember we looked this bad under previous managers as well

Robben and Ribery seemed like nigh unmanageable players, for all their prodigious talent. Other than that, if the players want to get together to spend their downtime kicking a soccer ball and doing cardio, few managers would complain so long as they avoid activities such as challenges that could lead to injury.

Trying not to use that. There's a certain club who have been an embarrassment using that lately.
Only club in the history of football to have few players out they are, apparentely.

This is the thing though, we know it has affected us at times but there has been no sulking as we understand it is part of the game. The embarrassment is the fact that their manager has been using it to save his own ego, it is all about him. We have a manager who is calm and calculated and figures ways round injuries to important player, has plans B, C and even D.

So, in my opinion, we can talk about the injuries affecting performances and wonder where we would be without most of the injuries occurring, safe in the knowledge that it is not crying about it but more a realistic summation of how the season looks.

Every game where we look lazy and unfit I cant help but remember this article

But then I remember we looked this bad under previous managers as well

I think last night proved there are zero issues with our fitness.

The problem in games like the Newcastle one is complacency, not fitness.

Id love to know who Ancelotti has in his mind to keep long term in the squad and the players and positions he's looking to strengthen.

I wonder how much it would take to bring those players in and where in a 'build' he feels we are and how long he feels it would take to get there.

Carlo is always calm, nerves of steel...

Attachments

• carlo1.jpg
    carlo1.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 104
  • carlo2.jpg
    carlo2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 103

Id love to know who Ancelotti has in his mind to keep long term in the squad and the players and positions he's looking to strengthen.

I wonder how much it would take to bring those players in and where in a 'build' he feels we are and how long he feels it would take to get there.
In Carlo We Trust

Id love him to tell you how the future setup of the team will revolve around Michael Keane just because of how much it will annoy you Zat!!

Id love him to tell you how the future setup of the team will revolve around Michael Keane just because of how much it will annoy you Zat!!

Id find it peculiar seeing as at other clubs the mentality of the centre backs are more like Mina and Godfrey.

What id be interested to know is if he broke the transfer record, who or in which position would he do it for.

In all his teams he's had real superstars especially down the spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.