2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not beat Newcastle? One of the best teams in the league struggled to create a chance against us and only scored because of a goalkeeping error to prevent us winning 6 out of 7 yet you’re worried that Newcastle who haven’t won in 11 games might turn us over? They’re more likely not to even have a shot on target.
Newcastle actually played well against Leeds tbh, and St Maximin is back. We need to be on our game to win that.

We have 4 midfield players injured. We have players coming back from injuries. We were a mistake away from 3 more points. I'm frustrated but its not a disastrous result by any means. The main thing is following up well next match.

Carlo is doing the business and we will get far better if he is allowed to keep overhauling the squad.

When we have pace and power in every position and on the bench then maybe we can batter some of these really good teams. Whilst Davies Sigurdsson Coleman Pickford are trundling around making errors all over the place at half the speed of the opposition then we’re not going to be dismantling teams on a consistent basis. In the meantime though we still need to get points and that’s what Carlo is doing.

The 4 players he brought in in the summer are 4 of our best players. They’ve barely been on the pitch together though. We need a run of games where James Allan Docuoure Richarlison DCL are all on the pitch and all at full fitness. We just can’t make it happen though. As soon as one returns from injury a couple drop out again and we’re back to rubbish bench players picking up.

Tactically he got it right again.

Sitting deep isn’t something many like to see but you can tell when we’re getting dominated - players panic etc and it’s chaos.

It wasn’t the case, we were composed and had it under control.

Rotate keepers for Saturday, Pickford has a iffy record against them anyway.

Either way a point is a good result and we had chances to win it at the end.

It was the right tactics, we just couldn't execute them because of our players in midfield. Sitting back is fine but the 2nd half we were on the ropes and unable to put together any sort of attack. Less Carlo, more the weakness in the squad.

Not sure why people are complaining about his tactics.

Without the Pickford error and if we had taken a couple of chances we would have won 3-0 lol

No Doucoure or Allan in midfield against a team flying high and brilliant record away.

Well done Ancelotti ;)

It was the right tactics, we just couldn't execute them because of our players in midfield. Sitting back is fine but the 2nd half we were on the ropes and unable to put together any sort of attack. Less Carlo, mode the weakness in the squad.

To be honest I think he chose to do so because of the players in midfield. Not pretty but take away the mistake and it’s 3 points.

One major positive is we’re another game closer to having a fully fit squad.

Newcastle is in big trouble now that we’ll only be missing Allan (I say only..) from our best side.

“It wasn’t that we defended too deep but the fact we didn’t have the quality when they equalised.”

If we hadn’t set up second half to line 8 players up on the edge of our own box then maybe they wouldn’t have equalised in the first place. It was inevitable that a goal would come playing like that. Looked like we were playing 6 at the back at one point and people wonder why Gomes and Davies are getting overrun in midfield and DCL didn’t have a good game - he’s got nobody within 40 yards of him.

Didn’t have to go all hung ho but that was unnecessarily defensive and he didn’t attempt to change it until it was too late.

He now HAS to drop Pickford.

As for Richarlison, I would drop him, not only because of his dire form, but the fact is, Godfrey lb, and Digne in front of him has worked a treat, so a little spell on the bench will get Richarlison chomping at the bit to get back in.

Tonight was a bit too defensive for too long for me but i still trust in him and tbf he was heading for all 3 points tonight until the village idiot let him down again. Time to drop him and give Olsen a proper run Carlo. We cannot let the most important part of the season be marred by a bumbling 2nd rate goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.