2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I have a good relationship with him, but apart from this a friendship.

"I think he is doing a fantastic job, he's been at this club more than me.

"I found the club really well organised. I found a really important scouting department.

"So I think it will be important for him to continue and to find a deal with the club."
He says that because he knows if he had another DoF to deal with held have to start all over again putting said new DF in his box.

Brands is neutered now and does his Contract Marcel routine very well. Carlo identifies the players for the big cash signings, puts the agents together to do the deals, then gets Brands to complete the paperwork.

That's a division of labour I'm relativley happy with if the worst comes to the worst in June and Brands is kept on - though it does seem like an exorbitant act and huge waste of cash to keep him in his post.

He says that because he knows if he had another DoF to deal with held have to start all over again putting said new DF in his box.

Brands is neutered now and does his Contract Marcel routine very well. Carlo identifies the players for the big cash signings, puts the agents together to do the deals, then gets Brands to complete the paperwork.

That's a division of labour I'm relativley happy with if the worst comes to the worst in June and Brands is kept on - though it does seem like an exorbitant act and huge waste of cash to keep him in his post.
Lay down your arms, you lost.

So i take it he's not a fraud again?

Unbelievable that people moaned about this fella a month ago. Has made us horrible to play against, do i think this squad is good enough? No the Utd game showed us that.But we should be much stronger after next summer's transfer window when he can get the junk he inherited out the door.
Nowhere near good enough. It'll take Ancelotti a long tme to get us 15-16 top notch players to use for most of the season. We're about 8 or 9 off that - incredibly given the half billion pound spend in the last 4-5 years.

Wins like tonight show he has us going in the right direction.

In the past we've scraped a point or quite often even lost. But we found a way to find a goal and grind out 3 points. 1 nil away wins make good seasons. If we can remain solid while adding back some of the main creative players then we can continue to improve. Finding and maintaining the balance will be the next step.
I really thought we would not score tonight, just the same old Everton.

Even the best teams don't always play brilliantly to win.
I really do think Mr Ancelotti is going to get us where we all crave to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.