2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
People will laugh but these next 4 games will make or break our season imo

Chelsea H
Leicester A
Arsenal H
Man Utd H (quarter final)

Chelsea are in good form but Leicester and Arsenal are starting to stumble and Utd are very good away from home.

If we continue sliding then we could be in the bottom half come new year and out of the cup whilst also being potentially a good 5-6 points off europe giving us too much to do like last season.

Likewise if he sorts it out, goes back to 433 and tightens up the midfield we have it all to play for.

We will be bottom half after the next set of fixtures next weekend, if thats when they are

It's a gradual process isn't it. I would not rule out another 1 or 2 in January as well, maybe just loans. The plahyers he has added have helped.

Of course not and I'm not complaining at signing players like James and Allan.

Just a little worrying if he has no plan on developing players as that shows he doesn't want to be here long and it might mean we're left with a decent team for 1-2 years and then they'll all need replacing. Look a the decline of Coleman and Baines as they got older. Imagine almost a full squad doing that if we sign the likes of Khedira?

We will be bottom half after the next set of fixtures next weekend, if thats when they are

Sadly I think so as well, Leicester being 4 above us with them having Brighton next weekend whilst we have Chelsea could well see us 7 behind and its a familiar story to last season.

I think the top 6 is settled already

RS
Man City
Spurs
Chelsea
Man Utd
Leicester

That leaves the last European spot 7th to be duked out between:

Us
Wolves
Arsenal
Southampton
Leeds
WHU

At present I wouldn't have us down favourites for that either however im praying Carlo can turn it around.

He’s decent not half decent. The normal boo boys wrote him off after he struggled at first but he’s now a good centre back. Better in my eyes than holgate
Holgate was better last season. And that was his first full season at that level, while Keane has had 5/6 seasons.

Whether he’s half decent, decent or very decent. The point stands he’s not good enough to be our senior CB, neither is Mina.

Holgate has still got a
Lot to prove as has Godfrey. But they are young and still inexperienced at this level.

Keane, if we sold him would stay at a similar level to us at the moment, or go down.
He definitely wouldn’t go up . Like stones and lescott did. They says it all

Sadly I think so as well, Leicester being 4 above us with them having Brighton next weekend whilst we have Chelsea could well see us 7 behind and its a familiar story to last season.

I think the top 6 is settled already

RS
Man City
Spurs
Chelsea
Man Utd
Leicester

That leaves the last European spot 7th to be duked out between:

Us
Wolves
Arsenal
Southampton
Leeds
WHU

At present I wouldn't have us down favourites for that either however im praying Carlo can turn it around.
Leeds are doing what Sheffield United done last season, they won’t stay up there

West Ham are doing what they do every year, give their fans false hope before tailing

Wolves are a mixed bag but can still be dangerous, same with Arsenal

Holgate was better last season. And that was his first full season at that level, while Keane has had 5/6 seasons.

Whether he’s half decent, decent or very decent. The point stands he’s not good enough to be our senior CB, neither is Mina.

Holgate has still got a
Lot to prove as has Godfrey. But they are young and still inexperienced at this level.

Keane, if we sold him would stay at a similar level to us at the moment, or go down.
He definitely wouldn’t go up . Like stones and lescott did. They says it all
What annoys me about Holgate is his recovery to some of his bizarre decisions. He will lose the ball cheaply and trot around like he didn't care

Of course it is mate. We all view the game differently. I thought our attack outplayed their defence but we just didn't take our chances.
I just worry when average players can run and pass their way through our midfield . I honestly thought that the three Summer signings would make a lasting difference but week on week we appear to be regressing.

Of course not and I'm not complaining at signing players like James and Allan.

Just a little worrying if he has no plan on developing players as that shows he doesn't want to be here long and it might mean we're left with a decent team for 1-2 years and then they'll all need replacing. Look a the decline of Coleman and Baines as they got older. Imagine almost a full squad doing that if we sign the likes of Khedira?

I think it shows where his priorities are.

Status
Not open for further replies.