2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm, not sure why you think you can label all Everton fans as Newcastle fans.

I was simply pointing out your comment was a bit silly.

Anyone who overlooks Ancelotti's performances simply because his name is Ancelotti is a Geordie in my eyes.

Go look at them pulling themselves off over Benitez and refusing to acknowledge his limited success at SJP compared to Bruce because he's won La Liga and a Champions League its embarassing.

Its not as simple as that.

There's no magic want and unfortunately no way of saying we'd have won games by just playing Kenny and Nkounkou. We played them at Newcastle and were awful as a team.

Its a bit like the Sigurdsson obsession. He has been rubbish for a long time (and cost us 2 points today), but people say change him for someone else and our problems disappear. We are just with him as without him because the alternatives are equally bad.

The squad is awful. Its not a squad. Its an embarrassment to everyone involved given how much money we've spent.

But you cant have it both ways - me and others were slated for calling Brands out, saying we needed a forward in the summer and now all of a sudden we are right?

But then we are apparently clueless - how does that work then?

Its just very disappointing that Gordon wasn't considered worth a bench spot. At 1-1 you look to the bench to see who can get a winning goal and see Cenk Tosun and Sigurdsson instead of a lively young winger and it just makes you wonder why.

But you cant have it both ways - me and others were slated for calling Brands out, saying we needed a forward in the summer and now all of a sudden we are right?

But then we are apparently clueless - how does that work then?

People have pointed the finger at Ancelotti when the problem is the awful recruitment and lack of squad quality and depth.

We shouldn't have a director of football. We are not that sort of club. We need managers here who can delegate as they wish.

Nothing improves until the quality of our squad improves. Tosun and Sigurdsson off the bench today. And he had no one else either. If you didn't laugh you'd cry.

If it’s going to take 3/4 years then you buy players who will be good in 3/4 years. You do not blow your entire budget on short term solutions. In 4 years 4 of the 5 players he’s bought won’t be here, so why have we bought them?!
You being serious. This does not make sense. The point is judge him after he has done the job for at least 3/4 years, see where we are then, of course players will have come and gone, thats football

Its just very disappointing that Gordon wasn't considered worth a bench spot. At 1-1 you look to the bench to see who can get a winning goal and see Cenk Tosun and Sigurdsson instead of a lively young winger and it just makes you wonder why.

Gordon has never scored once. I see no logical reason why you'd bring him on to get you a winner.

What you talking about, who said anything about 7th. We have had many years of underachievement. We now have one of the best managers in the would so we must give him the chance and importantly the time to put a team together that will actually achieve something
Why does he need 3 or 4 years to get us into Europe?

People have pointed the finger at Ancelotti when the problem is the awful recruitment and lack of squad quality and depth.

We shouldn't have a director of football. We are not that sort of club. We need managers here who can delegate as they wish.

Nothing improves until the quality of our squad improves. Tosun and Sigurdsson off the bench today. And he had no one else either. If you didn't laugh you'd cry.
Agree recruitment has been poor,but his team setups have been baffling and his seemingly reluctance to acknowledge it a worry.

The squad is rubbish I have no complaints with that - but if Ancelotti can not cope with 1-2 missing players whilst teams like WHU/Saints/Leeds are above us playing better football looking more motivated and committed then he isn't the right man for the job imo.

Moyes took a team of journeymen into the top 4 finishing above a good Liverpool side - he never had the leagues top goalscorer or a world class talent in James Rodriguez.

I dont want Ancelotti sacked - not because I think he's the right man or that he's doing a good job but because of the following:

1. Brands is setting every manager up to fail and isnt good enough to be a DOF in England.

2. The owners dont know what is required for the Everton job. Forget tippy tappy nicey nice Everton need dogs of war - since Moyes left that identity went and we have never recovered.

Keep throwing money at it that wont change until an identity is created - we look no different than what we did under Alladyce or Silva.

Very hard to bring myself to post on this as I'm truly bewildered by what's happening here.

I thought the Burnley game could hopefully bring this slump to an end, however, I then saw once again not a fullback in sight with players again out of position, even though this idea had already flopped big time.

OK Kenny may not be a young Seamus or even a young Hibbo but jeez, just having him at right back allows us to play others in their true positions, and not having Niels in on the left is dumbfounding.

There must be something in what people are saying in Ancelotti's defence, ie "they must be crap in training", however even so they are pro footballers on good wages who we pay as back up, get them in the side straight away, this radical plan is failing big time. I've never seen anything like it in all the years I've followed Everton. Unfathomable.
You don't remember the Ronald Koeman era I take it

Status
Not open for further replies.