2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but the next 7-8 games will be defining for the season. I said before the Leeds match that it was going to be a real test for how far we had come, and we did not pass this test. In the next matches we will face really good opposition, but also Burnley and Sheffield U.

Lets see where we after the next ten games, that will be just over the halfway mark for the season. If we are still roughly on course for 60 points then we can go into the second half of the season with Gbamin perhaps back fit, Coleman back, Digne will return, and potentilla any January signings. That is a far better position than where we were last year. But we will have to wait and see how it goes.

What is there to say we won’t finish in the top 10? I’d be amazed if we don’t finish there.
The more I see the more I think Moshiri has reverted to Kenwright's KPI for managers...well Moyes...e.g. anything over 10th is a bonus and if you can throw in the odd cup run to keep the interest up into March, then the jobs a goodun.
... Here you go Carlo, £10.5M a year for 5.5yrs, just steady the ship, safe pair of hands, keep the natives quiet while I get BMD across the line...oh and feel free to bring in a few names if the price is right

Lets see where we after the next ten games, that will be just over the halfway mark for the season. If we are still roughly on course for 60 points then we can go into the second half of the season with Gbamin perhaps back fit, Coleman back, Digne will return, and potentilla any January signings. That is a far better position than where we were last year. But we will have to wait and see how it goes.

Here we completely agree. But I hope we can also agree that the trend is not good, and we have several challenges in our game. Ancelotti is the one responsible for this, and if he fails to solve it - without buying half of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich - then it is unwise to waste valuable time on him.

Keep it tight and pinch one. A cruel moniker the anti Moyes brigade thought up when they got bored of European finishes and only winning 1 or 2-0.
It was often used in Irony, on how Moyes couldn't do either - KIT or the AP1 bit...much like yesterday.

I'd love a dozen KITAP1s on the run from Santa for Dec & Jan.

What the hell does KITAP1 mean?

Keep it tight and pinch one. A cruel moniker the anti Moyes brigade thought up when they got bored of European finishes and only winning 1 or 2-0.
In Italy they call it

Catenaccio.​

Personally I like to see teams who can play this system when needed. Martinez would have benefited greatly from being able to switch mid game at times.

Here we completely agree. But I hope we can also agree that the trend is not good, and we have several challenges in our game. Ancelotti is the one responsible for this, and if he fails to solve it - without buying half of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich - then it is unwise to waste valuable time on him.

completely agree that we have problems, we’ve had problems for years. Now we can either have a manager incapable of solving those problems (Koeman, Silva) or one who works through them and comes out the other side. We’ll have to see which one Ancelotti is, but I’m not sure why there’s an expectation that we wouldn’t have problems at all, as though if we did lose the performance would have been amazing anyway, that we’d find a consistency in a way of playing when we’ve had multiple managerial chances and player changes over the last few seasons.

We’ve seen very good football this season under Ancelotti, we’ve seen some very bad football also. That’s inconsistency and is to be worked through, but after each bad performance we have the same shouts of ‘he doesn’t have a plan’ ‘Leeds and Southampton have a way of playing etc.’ This is the same Leeds who got battered 4-0 by Palace? Where was the way of playing then? The same Palace we turned over on their own patch? If all these other teams have a way of playing and we don’t why do they ever lose a game? It’s because we don’t notice when they’re losing at home on MOTD to some other mid table team and look completely clueless, we only see them when they’re beating us.

I don’t get his selections ( yes I’m a Sunday league player manager and he’s a world class manager) but when you need a right or left back don’t you just pick the backup full backs? JJK and nkoukou must be gutted to see players from other positions starting ahead of them. Next up we were playing 2 up top last season what’s happened to that? Dom is having to do too much on his own because he has no1 up with him, fed up of seeing him win a flick only for him to have to chase onto his own flicks. Olsen brought in to challenge Pickford yet he’s not on the bench? James needs to be given a free role as he’s not a up and down player we need him to concentrate on the attacks only ( when he’s played RW he leaves the RB exposed.

In Italy they call it

Catenaccio.​

Personally I like to see teams who can play this system when needed. Martinez would have benefited greatly from being able to switch mid game at times.

How many teams can flex both ways though? Barely any, even the best ones. If you sit back on a single goal lead in the prem you get punished. You can keep the ball brilliantly for 89 minutes then concede from a corner in the last minute.

I don’t get his selections ( yes I’m a Sunday league player manager and he’s a world class manager) but when you need a right or left back don’t you just pick the backup full backs? JJK and nkoukou must be gutted to see players from other positions starting ahead of them. Next up we were playing 2 up top last season what’s happened to that? Dom is having to do too much on his own because he has no1 up with him, fed up of seeing him win a flick only for him to have to chase onto his own flicks. Olsen brought in to challenge Pickford yet he’s not on the bench? James needs to be given a free role as he’s not a up and down player we need him to concentrate on the attacks only ( when he’s played RW he leaves the RB exposed.
Are you looking for any players mate. I'm based in Crosby

Status
Not open for further replies.