2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's done us favour in leaving, another 12 months wasted is the last thing we needed.
I just hope Moshiri has learnt something about managers, dont get one unless they really want to be at a mid table team.

I genuinely think Ancelotti believed he could get us challenging, at least he did right up until towards the end of the season.

I do think it was a case of him just having an offer come along and he wasn't expecting that so took it.

But, I did also think he'd have had a bit more integrity to give it more time here.

I think it's simple as Real Madrid came calling and that La Liga title was missing from his CV and his box-ticking ambition overcame his honour.

I don't believe he didn't think Everton could continue improving under his watch. Only his understandably pissed off demeanour post Sheff UTD gave any hint he wasn't perfectly content with how things were going.

He seemed completely satisfied the club were backing him significantly over the summer whenever asked. No aloof body language around that as far as I could tell.

He probably expected we would push on after the derby win. I think the rot set in in his mind after that and it got progressively worse.

I don't buy the "Madrid came calling" thing. He would have known that was a possibility from the day he signed the contract with us. If he had never managed at that level it would have been entirely different.

I always thought it would be particularly difficult for the manager who succeeded him in the job. Whether he'd be successful here or whether we fired him.

The one good thing is that neither scenario has unfolded and I think that lessens the pressure on the new man a little. He just went back to Madrid and that's that.

I'm hoping the away wins weren't just flukes under the weird circumstan, if we genuinely go to Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Birdge, The Emirates and The Etihad next season and get at least one win, I'll believe we have actually freed ourselves from that horrible doomed-to-never-win-there fate.

If that's the case - then at least 16.5 million on wages over 18 months and the money spent on James (and possibly Allan), won't have been for nothing.
Really wouldn’t get your hopes up. From what we saw this season away games without fans might even be easier for the visitors for whatever reason. As much as I hate to say it but the fans are what makes Anfield a difficult place to visit just as players like Rooney claimed. I’ll be happy if we just win our home game!

I genuinely think Ancelotti believed he could get us challenging, at least he did right up until towards the end of the season.

I do think it was a case of him just having an offer come along and he wasn't expecting that so took it.

But, I did also think he'd have had a bit more integrity to give it more time here.

It's nothing to do with integrity. He got a far, far better offer and owed us absolutely nothing.

Like a bat out of hell.

Must be the swiftest manager exit in our history.

He probably expected we would push on after the derby win. I think the rot set in in his mind after that and it got progressively worse.

I don't buy the "Madrid came calling" thing. He would have known that was a possibility from the day he signed the contract with us. If he had never managed at that level it would have been entirely different.

I always thought it would be particularly difficult for the manager who succeeded him in the job. Whether he'd be successful here or whether we fired him.

The one good thing is that neither scenario has unfolded and I think that lessens the pressure on the new man a little. He just went back to Madrid and that's that.
The funny thing is the derby win was the same recipe as basically every other win after the trip to Fulham just it was the rare one where one of our counters spawns a second and we don't concede. Kicking on might have required him doing something.

Status
Not open for further replies.