2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad fact is we where 3 home wins from a champions league spot.

And he still leaves with the best win % of any Everton manager since we won the league under Kendall.

We got rid of a few away hoodoos last season too.

Such a shame how this has turned out but it can only happen to us.

Fact is Liverpool had lost 6 in a row or something at home, first time in their history. We won good away games we don't normally win..without fans the whole league was messed up ( more away wins than home wins for the first time ever I believe )

He failed because he set out to get Europe, and ended up 10th, he failed because we was around top 4 in march and finished 10th, he failed because we had numerous games in hand and home games any team in Europe should be winning easily and failed it.

Great manager, one of the best in recent history... But he wasnt great for us.

The perceived slight at everton that has brought bitchiness from some fans and the media - the ambition to get into Europe (rather than win the league) - surely ambition reflects the manager?

Yes I have called him horrible names which I slightly regret. Who could forget his gob standing in the pouring rain watching this crap Everton squad trying to play football. Being human, who could really blame him once Real called? It hurts me to say it though.

Yeah thats what I figured. Considering he gets paid lets see... 100,000 a week so 15,000 a day, if he spent an hour writing the manager notes 2,000 pounds very expensive for a lot of PR fluff!

He got 11m gross at Everton and he's getting 6m at Real Madrid. That's a pay cut. Yes he gets taxed, but rich people have tax managers that maximise their gross pay and I highly doubt he would pay much tax if at all. Only your average salary worker who's been told to pay tax pays tax.

he is getting 6 mill net now are real, thats around the same he got with us.

Imaginary conversation between Davide and his dad. Dad !Dad ! Real Madrid want you. Please for my sake and the sake of your descendants take it. Get us out of this God forsaken hole where they imagine that Formby is paradise, and their heroes are Dave Hickson and Dixie Dean whoever they were. That horrible kraut Klopp will make life a misery for us if we stay here. Dad get us out of this.
Who can blame poor Carlo for saying yes?
I almost forgive him.

Yes I have called him horrible names which I slightly regret. Who could forget his gob standing in the pouring rain watching this crap Everton squad trying to play football. Being human, who could really blame him once Real called? It hurts me to say it though.
It was his team playing crap. He could have done something about it and either was unable or didn't care to. I feel no sympathy and am glad he's gone.

He was responsible for the crap on the pitch. He was responsible for the crap on the pitch at Napoli and Bayern as well. As for Madrid he is walking in to a team that is terrible compared to the Madrid team that got him sacked last time around.

Carlo won't even see out the season at Madrid.

Too much bitterness on here.

He would have just been sacked next season if he stayed, the project at Everton doesn't suit him. Loyalty is cheap and football it is a cut throat business. Some of you need to grow up and accept it is a cutthroat results orientated business.

If he fails at Madrid, nothing changes he gets his payday and keeps his reputation as a legendary manager who is now past it.

If he succeeds he wins the one league title he's missing and adds to his legacy in sunny Madrid on a 3 year contract.

Too much bitterness on here.

He would have just been sacked next season if he stayed, the project at Everton doesn't suit him. Loyalty is cheap and football it is a cut throat business. Some of you need to grow up and accept it is a cutthroat results orientated business.

If he fails at Madrid, nothing changes he gets his payday and keeps his reputation as a legendary manager who is now past it.

If he succeeds he wins the one league title he's missing and adds to his legacy in sunny Madrid on a 3 year contract.
It’s a good move for him but the way it happened left a sour taste, particularly after all his warm words about the club and loving living in the area etc.

The sad fact is we where 3 home wins from a champions league spot.

And he still leaves with the best win % of any Everton manager since we won the league under Kendall.

We got rid of a few away hoodoos last season too.

Such a shame how this has turned out but it can only happen to us.

I'm hoping the away wins weren't just flukes under the weird circumstan, if we genuinely go to Anfield, Old Trafford, Stamford Birdge, The Emirates and The Etihad next season and get at least one win, I'll believe we have actually freed ourselves from that horrible doomed-to-never-win-there fate.

If that's the case - then at least 16.5 million on wages over 18 months and the money spent on James (and possibly Allan), won't have been for nothing.

He was responsible for the crap on the pitch. He was responsible for the crap on the pitch at Napoli and Bayern as well. As for Madrid he is walking in to a team that is terrible compared to the Madrid team that got him sacked last time around.

Carlo won't even see out the season at Madrid.
Would you have him back after Madrid sack him though?

Status
Not open for further replies.