2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn’t care what he owes us.
He’s not someone I would want beside me in a tight spot.
He’s a runner.
I despise runners.

As a manager, I wouldn't want a premier league football club beside me in a tight spot either.

Are you saying you wouldn't "run" to the biggest club in the world from a midtable PL club that would sack you if you hit a rough patch next season?

The club cancelled his contract.

He probably was happy, he just got a better offer.

He wrote a book, so should now be turning down Real Madrid for Everton?

Explain how integrity comes into it other than the fact that he didn't tell us that he would always go back to Real, which would i) have been pointless and stupid and ii) he's under absolutely no obligation to do anyway.

The only thing that I understand from this perspective is that Real were a ESL club. But they're not going to be playing in one any time soon. He's not going to turn the opportunity down because of that.

"The club cancelled his contract"

This is extremely disingenuous...

"The club cancelled his contract"

This is extremely disingenuous...
Very good point Zat.
As we both know a contract can have both standard and bespoke clauses.
What do you think was in Ancelotti's contract about release?

Have details of the settlement between Everton, Madrid and Ancelotti been released?
Have we seen a copy of his Madrid contract and his wages?
Or are we all talking imaginary wham again?

Sometimes people prefer another offer in their career and there can be many different reasons for it - stop taking it so personally lads.
BUT BUT BUT......

AAAAAARGH RAAT TRAITOR! EVERTON! AAAAAARGH RAT! TRAITOR! etc

Very good point Zat.
As we both know a contract can have both standard and bespoke clauses.
What do you think was in Ancelotti's contract about release?

Theres two points here really...

1: Did he have a clause in his contract allowing him to jump ship for free -- other posters have said weve been paid north of £10mil.

2: No matter what was in his contract or agreed verbally it goes against everything he has stated verbally (and in writing) in the book, after PSG and onwards...many times, concerning wanting to build a team over the long term...and specifically Everton.

I think its reasonable to assume that the bloke either dramatically changed his decades long wish or he had been lying.

Id go with the latter.

Theres two points here really...

1: Did he have a clause in his contract allowing him to jump ship for free -- other posters have said weve been paid north of £10mil.

2: No matter what was in his contract or agreed verbally it goes against everything he has stated verbally (and in writing) in the book, after PSG and onwards...many times, concerning wanting to build a team over the long term...and specifically Everton.

I think its reasonable to assume that the bloke either dramatically changed his decades long wish or he had been lying.

Id go with the latter.
As a non commercial lawyer I would strongly suspect that there was a release clause in the contract.
Remember back 18 months. Moshiri was desperate ( again ) and pulled off what was regarded as a huge coup in getting Ancelotti.
Ancelotti held all the cards and I imagine that as a savy operator either he or his lawyer insisted on a release clause , prehaps for free or maybe a fixed amount , if a CL club came in for him.
However you are totally correct about loyalty and integrity.
"Quiet Leadership" says that those are the 2 qualities he values most. Yes he thought PSG was a project and that's what he wanted and to be loved and wanted.
He had all that here said he wanted to extend his contract and lead us into the new stadium.
Even worse the hypocrite was an arch critic of the ESL and yet at the 1st opportunity jumps ship to join the founder of it.
We are better off without him.

As a non commercial lawyer I would strongly suspect that there was a release clause in the contract.
Remember back 18 months. Moshiri was desperate ( again ) and pulled off what was regarded as a huge coup in getting Ancelotti.
Ancelotti held all the cards and I imagine that as a savy operator either he or his lawyer insisted on a release clause , prehaps for free or maybe a fixed amount , if a CL club came in for him.
However you are totally correct about loyalty and integrity.
"Quiet Leadership" says that those are the 2 qualities he values most. Yes he thought PSG was a project and that's what he wanted and to be loved and wanted.
He had all that here said he wanted to extend his contract and lead us into the new stadium.
Even worse the hypocrite was an arch critic of the ESL and yet at the 1st opportunity jumps ship to join the founder of it.
We are better off without him.

Spot on

He might have been denied the targets he wanted / was promised.

He might have had whispers or stronger that his performance was being questioned.

Who knows? Perhaps he is simply an unprincipled, hypocritical rat but I wonder if it's that straightforward.

Whatever. It's on to the next off the rank & see what the ride's like.

What do you think we were paying him for? If he's not delivered what we were paying him for, how is he not in breach of his contract?

What does he owe us?

I'd have liked to think he owed us more than jumping off at the first opportunity. But he binned us quicker than you can say Santiago Bernabeu.

The point was we all hoped long term he could deliver what we were paying him for.

I'd have liked to think he owed us more than jumping off at the first opportunity. But he binned us quicker than you can say Santiago Bernabeu.

The point was we all hoped long term he could deliver what we were paying him for.
It seems that a man that everyone thought was highly principled wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.