2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lids, Carlo told the truth. Don’t get upset. We are a mid table club with aspirations to get into the European Conference League. We haven’t won a pot in 26 years and haven’t been in contention for the league in 33 years

Those are the facts

Yeah but he ditched us so we will have to move on. He didn't want to be here so we have to live with that and get someone who does.

I know it’s paper talk but if true how out of order can Ancelotti be, leaves after promised us years working on our project, only to try and add further damage to it by trying to poach our best players. Just leave us alone now, pointless buying them for himself anyway as he won’t be in the job long.
He is welcome to them as far I am concerned, There is not a single player on our books that I would not sell( with the exception of Godfrey) in fact maybe we could offer them as a job lot.

Ancelotti big name manager or not? He’s in the same bracket as (Roberto Martinez,Ronald Koeman,Marco Silva,Big Sam long time back, Mike Walker) all failed managers here, only one that did the job he was meant to do was Big Sam and that was done with terrible football. So conclusion is Mr Carlos Ancelotti your not really that good.

At least Bobby gave us one good season, European football and a couple of semi finals.

Ancelotti just gave us dross.

Lids, Carlo told the truth. Don’t get upset. We are a mid table club with aspirations to get into the European Conference League. We haven’t won a pot in 26 years and haven’t been in contention for the league in 33 years

Those are the facts

I'm totally pro Carlo but he can't make a statement like that as if he was a casual observer. He was part of that system and we were 2nd in the league up to Christmas, we had every chance to turn that around. The failings also sit on his on head.

I'm totally pro Carlo but he can't make a statement like that as if he was a casual observer. He was part of that system and we were 2nd in the league up to Christmas, we had every chance to turn that around. The failings also sit on his on head.
Like you said, he was part of it so he has more insight to the workings than any fan on here. If the aspirations of the board where to achieve European Conference league qualification then he his not lying.

Could he have done better, of course. His statement is still correct though

My two eldest offspring, Jack and Tullia, loved 'Barney and Friends'. That purple dinosaur played incessantly on our morning TV back in the late 90s. But, in all honesty, I was never a big fan. I didn't really get Teletubbies either.
My nickname for Carlo has been 'Barney' because he plays dinosaur football...ponderous and cold-blooded...figuratively he's a dinosaur.
I want to see fresh, invigorating... and invigorated...blood back,...and coursing through the veins of our fabulous, fearless team. And that means a manager who just gets this magnificently sleepy giant of a club.

There is only one manager I can think of who can achieve what we all crave...a 7th place PL finish.
That man?....THE MOYESIAH!!!

...welcome home Davey

NSNO

Last edited:
My two eldest offspring, Jack and Tullia, loved 'Barney and Friends'. That purple dinosaur played incessantly on our morning TV back in the late 90s. But, in all honesty, I was never a big fan. I didn't really get Teletubbies either.
My nickname for Carlo has been 'Barney' because he plays dinosaur football...ponderous and cold-blooded...figuratively he's a dinosaur.
I want to see fresh, invigorating... and invigorated...blood back coursing through the veins of our fabulous, fearless team. And that means a manager who just gets this magnificently sleepy giant of a club.

There is only one manager I can think of who can achieve what we all crave...a 7th place PL finish.
That man?....THE MOYESIAH!!!

...welcome home Davey

NSNO
Dunc gets Everton. He bleeds failure and dissapointment. DUNC IN!

Dunc gets Everton. He bleeds failure and dissapointment. DUNC IN!
Big Dunc is defo a viable candidate...yes...he also gets Everton...he gets how important 7th place (and a crap Cup run) is to our club's sleepy (comatosed?) giant fan base.
My dream team? Moyesiah ...with Big Dunc as his 'cone man'.

Few clubs' supporter base get to 'live the dream' as often as us Evertonians. Truly, our cup runneth over...not dissimilarly to that cup those two girls figured so prominently with, on that enduring internet vid, a decade or so ago. The naysayers on here will tell you said video was crap...but I would just say it's 'Everton that'.

Carlo NotAlotti's Everton Tenure summed up in 5 sentences forming a timeline.

- Everton are a massive club with a magnificent history and our target is winning titles, trophies and to play in the Champions League regularly. I love it here and hope to still be here after the new stadium is built.

- Our target is to have good cup runs and qualify for the Champions league.

- Our Target is to qualify for the Champions League.

- Our Target is to qualify for the Europa League.

- Everton are a club that unlike Real Madrid are just happy to play in the Europa league and that was still mathematically possible till the last day so finishing 10th after being 2nd on boxing day was a successful season. Right I'm off to Real Madrid before anyone gets a chance to find me out.

I know it’s paper talk but if true how out of order can Ancelotti be, leaves after promised us years working on our project, only to try and add further damage to it by trying to poach our best players. Just leave us alone now, pointless buying them for himself anyway as he won’t be in the job long.
He is welcome to them as far I am concerned, There is not a single player on our books that I would not sell( with the exception of Godfrey) in fact maybe we could offer them as a job lot.

From someone on Toffeweb with an inside source:

Ok, here's what I've been told. Make of it what you will...
Once Ancelotti got wind of the Real Madrid vacancy, he set his heart on a return to them. He had also become very disillusioned with what was happening at Everton. He had basically "as good as given up on the job" It all came to the boil following the man city game, when he just walked straight out of the Etihad, not going back to Liverpool on the team bus. From that day onwards he had not been seen or heard from, by anyone within the club. Ancelotti had his agent make contact with Real Madrid last week, and it was as good as sorted then. It was only announced on Tuesday, 1st June, when most contracts start / begin. So I assume by that, that was when Zidane's contract ended.

During the few days following the man city game, Brands, who apparently did not get on at all with Ancelotti, called a team meeting with the first team and U23's. He absolutely tore into them, slamming the players for their lack of effort and their attitude throughout the season, and they should all be thoroughly ashamed to wear the blue shirt of Everton. In particular, Iwobi, who Brands called "A total waste of [Poor language removed] space" and Bernard, who will "never play for the club again" according to Brands. He also slammed Richarlison, Mina and Holgate for their attitude in games, and apparently there have been at least on three occasions when Richarlison and Holgate have had to be separated after clashing after a game.

As I said, Brands and Ancelotti did not appear to get along at all. As we all know, Brands wants to sign younger players, Ancelotti older more experienced players. Josh king was definitely a Brands signing, who Ancelotti didn't want, hence the reason why he hardly got a look in.

So it seems a total clear out is required. Brands needs to, and MUST, be the only person involved in appointing a new manager.

The story I've heard was the club were already getting cold feet about ancelotti after this season. Sheffield was a massive nail in the coffin for him and then he didn't meet his objective of getting europe but with the real madrid interest bubbling away they decided to wait to make a decision.

Thats why there was no fight back from the board over him to stay and he was gone within hours of real making a official approach to the club.

Whether thats true or not who knows but the way Ancelotti is reacting tells me something is off about the whole thing.

all joking aside...(which is a massive departure for me)...I would keep Pete Andre (Pickford) as well. Yes he makes balls-ups...but at least he comes across as a player who cares about the most important thing in professional sports...WINNING.
The rest?...into the skip...yard-dogs the lot of 'em

Status
Not open for further replies.