2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a clause in his contract about being able to leave for certain clubs for an agreed fee. Can’t see any other way that this could have happened so quickly!
I have seen £3m quoted. A clause allowing him to leave for a CL club.

At the end of the day ancelottis objectives for the season was europe. He failed at this, he failed at everton. Even thought I was 100% behind ancelotti No other manager would of survived the season hes just had. This might be a blessing in disguise.

His football was abysmal, his home form was abysmal, his in game management was a very iffy at times. Ancelotti is a top manager but I believe our concerns about him "not being the type of manager to build a team to compete" have been founded to be true, he obviously just doesn't have it in him.

Hes perfect for the likes real madrid but evidently not for us. I'm not arsed if hes gone tbh top manager but has shown me absolutely nothing to be upset about him leaving.

Personally id have moyes back 3 year deal and believe he'd get us into Europe every season and have some stability at the club for the next 3 years.

I don’t think he was given the backing to build a team to compete. He signed about 4 players, two of which were his ideas.

We knew when we appointed him what would be required for him. We didn’t back him.

He was the wrong fit for the club. If they genuinely just expected him to tinker with this current set of players and just occasionally add a few players to make us competitive again they were looking up the wrong tree.

Theres too much dead wood in this current squad. The last two seasons have proven that under two previous managers now these players don’t have the heart or dedication to compete.

Just as a word in warning, we have consistently only every punted it straight to the corner flag from kick-off in every single game since I have watched us, and that's 19 years.
Weirdest thing in the world to me, especially for a team that everyone said "Carlo likes to build from the back" we just booted it up and lost possession after 15 seconds every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.