2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet people expected our manager to have a clear philosophy and style within 14 months having made only 3 real signings. We deserve everything we get as a fan base, pathetic.
To be fair, if managers are going to jib us after a season and a bit, then perhaps the holy grail is to attract somebody who can actually achieve something immediately.

I say this tongue-in-cheek, but only partly. As Soccernomics showed, the vast majority of managers have ZERO impact on the club they manage. In statistical terms, the vast majority of managers are insignificant.

What does that imply? That, perhaps, it's the players that really matter. The only problem with that is that Soccernomics also points out that the football transfer market is an inefficient arbiter of ability. Wages are a far better indicator or a team's overall success. So, the solution is therefore clear:

Make Tom Davies, Alex Iwobi, Andre Gomes, and the lads the world's best-paid players. World domination, I tells ya.

Glass half-full:
* He only got us to 10th after our best transfer window in years.
* Our football, bar the first 5-10 games, was atrocious to watch
* There is an opportunity to get a manager who values the long-term, with fewer 29 year old signings

Glass half-empty:
* James will surely be off
* Serious threat of relegation with the wrong appointment as there are so many pathetic wasters in the squad
* Is there even such a thing as a long-term? I think we all thought Carlo was the classiest manager around, yet he has jumped ship at the drop fo a hat to the team at the forefront of the European Super League soon after publicly lambasting the notion

Back to plucky Everton, Bill slobbering over the local players in front of the cameras, and the bottlers on the pitch telling the fans it's a fresh start for everyone again.

Glad , very Glad I saw this club lift glittering silverware in person.

Good luck

Leave the Alex young suite brigade alone lad

After not winning a trophy for 26 years, only Everton fans would be happy for one of the most successful managers ever to leave.

Simply because they think they know togger better than Carlo
There is no upside to this. Doomed to have loser managers.

Proper scumbag move this by Carlo to be fair. Literally 1 or 2 weeks ago waxing lyrical about loving Everton and loving the project to doing this is incredibly disrespectful

And there is why we will never achieve anything.
Well we're not going to get rid of everybody in a summer right? So the best thing to do in the meantime is try to make the guys we have useful.

Now if they aren't useful in time they should be turned over. But that's why we need a manager with a plan who will take the time to build up the squad with the players he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.