2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
But only in response to you saying he doesn’t want to pick him! I’m saying of course he wouldn’t be his number 1 choice in world football but if he keeps picking him ahead of other options then I have no choice But to believe that he rates him reasonably highly. All managers have to work with players of lower quality than they’d like to, there’s absolutely nothing unique about our situation in that regard so I just don’t see how it’s relevant.

but wouldn’t you say that for where he plays him....the other options are Davies Delph and Gomes more or less so it can be true both that he keeps picking him but doesn’t want to pick him because doesn’t particularly want to pick ANY of them right now given Gomes form dropping again, but he is stuck for now

So more mid table output for £11m a year?

Those naughty fans complaining.

In terms of points, we have performed as expected. Could have been a little better, but also a little worse. But in terms of points, I think it is wisest to judge Carlo on this year's season. The variables from last year have changed. I think it is interesting to compare him with Arteta, as the clubs do not have very different starting points. Although Arsenal have a slightly better squad (???).

Ancelotti is in his infancy here. I hope. Give him some time to build on what he's done to date. He added some good players in summer. Another couple of transfer windows of small additions and let's see where we are. We're moving in the right direction but will have blips on the way.

but wouldn’t you say that for where he plays him....the other options are Davies Delph and Gomes more or less so it can be true both that he keeps picking him but doesn’t want to pick him because doesn’t particularly want to pick ANY of them right now given Gomes form dropping again, but he is stuck for now
Yeah absolutely, but as I’ve said, I don’t really see that changing any time soon. Sigurdsson is only the example because you used him, you could say the same about all of the centre halves, Coleman and Pickford just for starters. We’re not going to replace them all overnight so we’ve got to find ways of making it work with them in the side. He’s not doing that well enough at the moment, one point from the last four is a genuinely dismal return and I can’t accept ‘sigurdsson is rubbish though so what can you expect’ as an excuse personally.

The last three matches...grand old team......the last three matches.

Indeed.

Let's not lose track of that eh.

I can allow for immediate, emotive frustrations but I find the attacks towards Ancelotti after today's result to be pretty bonkers.

Challenging Europe is the aim, and I think under Ancelotti we'll do that every season and gradually get better every season.

Yeah absolutely, but as I’ve said, I don’t really see that changing any time soon. Sigurdsson is only the example because you used him, you could say the same about all of the centre halves, Coleman and Pickford just for starters. We’re not going to replace them all overnight so we’ve got to find ways of making it work with them in the side. He’s not doing that well enough at the moment, one point from the last four is a genuinely dismal return and I can’t accept ‘sigurdsson is rubbish though so what can you expect’ as an excuse personally.

yeah we would disagree there, I definitely would accept as an excuse.....

Siggurdsson, Delph Tosun & Davies are very bad

Bernard JJK don’t seem much use other than as very very occasional starters or for some sub minutes

Pickford Gomes Mina Keane Coleman Holgate Iwobi Gordon cannot currently be relied upon as consistent reliable 30 games a season starters for where we would like to be (although can contribute on the way and some of them might get better....Iwobi close to going into the group with Bernard and JJK)

James DCL Richy Digne thank you very much fellas

the other new signings. Too soon to judge but I’m happy so far

he is going to have a squad and team for a while yet that will let us all down regularly and when he goes to drop players like Siggurdson the next option from the above pool will be no guarantee of success

if we finish top 8 with the above, then for his first full season that for me is him making it work with what he has got

If this was silva, roberto, moyes etc the fans would be fuming, cos it’s Carlo, he’s above criticism to some on here

Carlo Ancelotti is one of the most successful managers in world football, having won 20 trophies including league titles in four different countries and the Champions League three times.

That doesn't make him immune from criticism, but I think it means people who are calling for his head because we lost 3 games , or comparing him to Marco Silva look a bit foolish.

Status
Not open for further replies.