2020/21 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
The squad is full of international players who we paid a lot of money for. All those players you’ve mentioned were signed from clubs competing in Europe on a regular basis every season. We wouldnt have paid such huge sums of money for absolute crap. Delph was still getting games for one of the best prem teams ever and was a title winner. Gomes first season everyone was raving about him calling him the best midfielder in the league. Iwobi, Tosun and Walcott all had great starts to their Everton career. Walcott has shown this season how good he can be with hos performances at Southampton. Bernard scored the winner against spurs in the fa cup quarter final and against Man Utd this season. It’s a shame with Bernard that he has had issues with mental health but he’s a classy player. Wasn’t he also involved in the winner against Sheffield United! That goal against West Ham I still have no idea how he scored from that angle.

Gomes, Bernard, Gylfi, Delph, Walcott...... You've picked a top quality mentally strong win at all costs 5 a side team there.

3 of the most technically gifted footballers you will find alongside one of the best athletes you will find and Delph....

Every single one of them could arguably stood up in an employment tribunal and get sued for stealing a living. Would you want them in the trenches with you???

Carlo Ancellotti is a world class manager - he's not a surgeon capable of brain transplant..... If you took the brain of a Jordan Henderson or Ben Godfrey and put it in those players then Ancellotti would have no excuses. But non of them would be playing for Everton....... Gomes would be leading Barca out, Gylfi would still be at Spurs, Delph would probably be less irritating and Walcott may have justified why Erickson took him to a world cup aged 16/17

The squad is full of international players who we paid a lot of money for. All those players you’ve mentioned were signed from clubs competing in Europe on a regular basis every season. We wouldnt have paid such huge sums of money for absolute crap. Delph was still getting games for one of the best prem teams ever and was a title winner. Gomes first season everyone was raving about him calling him the best midfielder in the league. Iwobi, Tosun and Walcott all had great starts to their Everton career. Walcott has shown this season how good he can be with hos performances at Southampton. Bernard scored the winner against spurs in the fa cup quarter final and against Man Utd this season. It’s a shame with Bernard that he has had issues with mental health but he’s a classy player. Wasn’t he also involved in the winner against Sheffield United! That goal against West Ham I still have no idea how he scored from that angle.
Stopped reading when you said Iwobi had a great start to his Everton career

My god you type some absolute wet on here.

You’re acting as if we haven’t seen all of those players play and prove themselves to be utter, utter gash.

ofc i hate all of them except bernard

my point is when they were initially brought in, they were deemed as players who would help to improve us.

no-one signs a gash player on purpose, they just turn out to be gash later

1. delph - most people were happy with this signing at the time due to his experience, i understand a few were wary about his injury problems but for the fee at the time everyone was quite pleased

2. bernard - i've vaulted so many of you about him so get in the bin

3. walcott - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42799046 - scored 2 goals in his 2nd game for us and helped us beat leicester

4. iwobi - we signed iwobi in August 2019 and by 1st September 2019 he had already scored 2 goals for us
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49416525, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49463332

5. tosun - he scored 5 league goals in 14 league appearances in his debut season

"The January signings of Cenk Tosun and Theo Walcott have undoubtedly improve a frontline that struggled so badly in the first few months of the Premier League season."

6. gomes - i remember very clearly that first season everyone begged that we signed him from barca after his loan spell ended, and i remember everyone being so confident we would win the derby because we had the best midfielder in the league

my point is when they were initially brought in, they were deemed as players who would help to improve us.

1. delph - most people were happy with this signing at the time due to his experience, i understand a few were wary about his injury problems but for the fee at the time everyone was quite pleased

3. walcott - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42799046 - scored 2 goals in his 2nd game for us and helped us beat leicester

4. iwobi - we signed iwobi in August 2019 and by 1st September 2019 he had already scored 2 goals for us
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49416525, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49463332

5. tosun - he scored 5 league goals in 14 league appearances in his debut season

"The January signings of Cenk Tosun and Theo Walcott have undoubtedly improve a frontline that struggled so badly in the first few months of the Premier League season."

6. gomes - i remember very clearly that first season everyone begged that we signed him from barca after his loan spell ended, and i remember everyone being so confident we would win the derby because we had the best midfielder in the league
The bar was very very very low. Which sort of undermines the point. It didn't take much to improve us. We had a very young DCL, an increasingly red faced Rooney, and Sandro.

Even fat scam was muttering about there not being much available for a sensible price. If you can call what we paid for Tosun a sensible price.

You're right about Gomes. He looked great with Gueye season 1. Properly gone backwards.

The bar was very very very low. Which sort of undermines the point. It didn't take much to improve us. We had a very young DCL, an increasingly red faced Rooney, and Sandro.

Even fat scam was muttering about there not being much available for a sensible price. If you can call what we paid for Tosun a sensible price.

You're right about Gomes. He looked great with Gueye season 1. Properly gone backwards.
i believe tosun was playing for a champions league club at the time and was one of the top scorers in the champions league plus it was a january signing so the price was always going to be over-inflated

but when we pay 50 mil for a sigurdsson then we were always going to be targeted as the club who would be prepared to pay ridiculous prices

i believe tosun was playing for a champions league club at the time and was one of the top scorers in the champions league plus it was a january signing so the price was always going to be over-inflated

but when we pay 50 mil for a sigurdsson then we were always going to be targeted as the club who would be prepared to pay ridiculous prices
Oh yeah, all of the clubs making. But now you are agreeing we paid over the odds.

And Tosun is pants. Radzinski scored a few in the Champions league too beforewe signed him. Not what I'd call a boss slotter. Better player than Tosun, though.

All footballers that cost a few Bob do so because they have proven that they have ability at previous clubs.

There is no guarantee that they will be a long term fit. Look at Thiago at Liverpool.... Looks like Joe Allen on mega money. Is it cos Klopp is a crap manager? No. Unfortunately he has proven that he can get the most from players that's why they won the league.

The issue we have is that we don't have the depth to cover for Gomes and Siggy....we have to hope it's one of the 5 games a season where they have a go.

The vast majority of our squad is mentally weak. Compare them to the Moyes team which had Carsley, Cahill, Howard, Arteta, Baines etc...... No comparison. They were a group of men.

Status
Not open for further replies.